Sign in to follow this  
KSATRoadWarrior

My turn... FSX will not load

I have read over the last three years about people loosing their FSX and having to rebuild......I guess it is now my turn after 3 years. I was having problems with engine starts on a variety of aircraft, some default some payware. I decided to do a FSX "repair" using my original CD's. Now I can not get it to load.

The followings is the CrashReport:

Version=1

EventType=APPCRASH

EventTime=130776741498076325

ReportType=2

Consent=1

UploadTime=130776741500476329

ReportIdentifier=2382c506-08b4-11e5-8f08-902b342994d7

IntegratorReportIdentifier=2382c505-08b4-11e5-8f08-902b342994d7

WOW64=1

Response.BucketId=539040964

Response.BucketTable=1

Response.type=4

Sig[0].Name=Application Name

Sig[0].Value=fsx.exe

Sig[1].Name=Application Version

Sig[1].Value=10.0.61637.0

Sig[2].Name=Application Timestamp

Sig[2].Value=46fadb14

Sig[3].Name=Fault Module Name

Sig[3].Value=simprop.dll

Sig[4].Name=Fault Module Version

Sig[4].Value=10.0.61637.0

Sig[5].Name=Fault Module Timestamp

Sig[5].Value=46fadb59

Sig[6].Name=Exception Code

Sig[6].Value=c0000005

Sig[7].Name=Exception Offset

Sig[7].Value=00006da7

DynamicSig[1].Name=OS Version

DynamicSig[1].Value=6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3

DynamicSig[2].Name=Locale ID

DynamicSig[2].Value=1033

UI[2]=C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsx.exe

UI[3]=A fatal error occurred.

ANY SUGGESTIONS OR SHOULD I JUST REBUILD AND HOPE I REMEMBER ALL OF THE TWEAKS AND ADD-ONS!!!!

Thanks in advance,

Bob

Bob "roadwarrior" Werab

Config: ASUS Prime Motherboard, RYZEN 5, 32 GB Ram, Radeon RX5700 XT, 2 TB SSD

This is an automatic message.

This topic has been moved from "MS FSX | FSX-SE Forum" to "Crash To Desktop (CTD) Forum". This move has been done for a number of possible reasons.

• The most likely reason is that the post was off topic.
  • The topic could also have contained images or a video that were not appropriate to the original forum it was posted in.
  • The images might not have been "illustrative" or "explanatory" in nature.
  • The topic could have been moved because we deemed it to be more appropriately placed elsewhere.
Please ensure that your posts are "on topic" and contain illustrative images or videos as appropriate. Do not post videos or images just for entertainment purposes anywhere but in the screen shot or video forums. See our image posting rules here.

Members who continue to post off topic posts can be denied entry to specific forums in order to reduce and remove the practice. Your cooperation is appreciated.

So for general information purposes, what I have done and found out so far:

1. If you do a "repair" of FSX from the original CD's make sure that you also do a repair of Acceleration.

2. If you have payware aircraft or scenery (airports) you may have to install.

3. If you have backup copies of CFG files you can probably restore the latest working one and keep going from there.

4. May have to do some fine tuning on CFG.

I do have FSX working again without a complete rebuild.

Bob "roadwarrior" Werab

Config: ASUS Prime Motherboard, RYZEN 5, 32 GB Ram, Radeon RX5700 XT, 2 TB SSD

Yep a system repair can compound problems. The best way is to have a running backup. I keep a new one every time I make any mods or add stuff to FSX so as not to lose any recent work

ZORAN

I decided to do a FSX "repair" using my original CD's. Now I can not get it to load.

The faulting module was simprop.dll.  According to the AVSIM CTD Guide, page 15, the probable fix is:

Simprop.dll

• Most likely a problem with the installation of Acceleration.  Try uninstalling Acceleration (go to Add/Remove Programs; look for FSX and click on uninstall.  It will only uninstall Acceleration.  FSX will still be there).  Run FSX once and see if this fixed the program.  If so, reinstall Acceleration with Admin privileges.  Run FSX again to make sure the problem is fixed. 

If problem not fixed -

• Remove your FSX or P3D.cfg and let the configuration rebuild. 
  • If this does not fix the problem, rename your logbook.bin in the My Documents/Flight Simulator X Files folder and try running FSX again.  If that works, then you might want to download from the AVSIM Library a program called FSX Logbook Recovery 1.1 and try to repair the one you renamed.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10