Sign in to follow this  
Capt. PERO

SIMstarter - Preview Version 2.7 with new SceneryManager!

Hi guys,

I just want to let you know about the latest SIMstarter development.

Many users are asking me how to deal with the SceneryManager which is really hard to understand - if you are not the developer... ;O)

Therefore I am developing a complete new SceneryManager with a better usability and overview.

Features:

• Overview of all ScenerySets
  • Groups (Spacers) available to easy activate or deactivate a group of Sceneries
  • Add, Delete and edit Sceneries from Scenery.cfg
  • Move Scenery order (with more than one selected Scenery)
  • Insert Scenery at the selected cursor position
  • Drag and Drop Scenery folders from outside (to easy add them)

We are just working on some drag and drop issues which will take at lease one month because of no free time at the moment.

(Click on the images to see full size)

SIMstarter_NewSceneryManager_01_preview.

SIMstarter_NewSceneryManager_02_preview.

SIMstarter_NewSceneryManager_03_preview.

If you paid attention you have recognized that Speyer is not mapped correctly. Even developers are only normal Simmers... *lol*

: : : aviation.pero-online.de
Developer of SIMstarter NG P3D & Homecockpit Builder

Wow, that's pretty nice.  If you include a scenery in two different scenery sets and load them both for a flight, does it eliminate the duplicate?

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Wow, that's pretty nice.  If you include a scenery in two different scenery sets and load them both for a flight, does it eliminate the duplicate?

There won't be a duplicate because it just indicates which Sceneries should be activated. SIMstarter does not delete or add Sceneries from the scenery.cfg. Simply switches ON all and switch OFF only selected Sceneries. If you combine two ScenerySets a Scenery must be active in both ScenerySets to stay Active in the result. ;O)

I hope that is a sufficient answer?!

There won't be a duplicate because it just indicates which Sceneries should be activated. SIMstarter does not delete or add Sceneries from the scenery.cfg. Simply switches ON all and switch OFF only selected Sceneries. If you combine two ScenerySets a Scenery must be active in both ScenerySets to stay Active in the result. ;O)

I hope that is a sufficient answer?!

Perfect!

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Can you still turn on and off individual sceneries while keeping other sets on all the time.

So for example, I want ORBX Global, Vector and Landclass plus the FSX base sceneries on all the time.  But I want to turn on and off individual airports for a flight (example UK2000 EGLL on, UK2000 EGKK off, FSDT KJFK on, etc.).  I use scenery config utility now for this but would be nice to have all in one package.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

Can you still turn on and off individual sceneries while keeping other sets on all the time.

So for example, I want ORBX Global, Vector and Landclass plus the FSX base sceneries on all the time.  But I want to turn on and off individual airports for a flight (example UK2000 EGLL on, UK2000 EGKK off, FSDT KJFK on, etc.).  I use scenery config utility now for this but would be nice to have all in one package.

Sorry Mark. That isn't planned so far. Maybe its a good idea to create dedicated ScenerySets for that requirement - as a workarround. :O)

A short update from my side:

• the first revision of SIMstarter with v3 readyness has been send out to the BETA team
  • v2.7 of SIMstarter will be v3 ready and backwards compatible with v2.4 / v2.5
  • v2.7 will contain a new ORBX region handling that makes it easier to switch

Due to the beta tests of the v3 compatability the release will be delayed until mid of october 2015 (latest).

Sorry.

Pero,

Do you plan to allow the creation of >9 profiles? If not, how would one go about tricking SimStarter?

I may have asked this before. I don't think I understood the answer.

Thanks

[...]

Do you plan to allow the creation of >9 profiles? If not, how would one go about tricking SimStarter?

[...]

Generaly speaking - yes. BUT NOT WITH SIMstarter v2.x.

It's a bit "pain in the a**", because the main program structure is too static to allow it. But maybe I am working on a next generation - who knows? Accept my family...

If you would like to use SIMstarter for P3Dv2 and P3Dv3 simply make a new installation in a different folder and use one for P3Dv2 and the other for P3Dv3.

Hope that answers your question?!

Generaly speaking - yes. BUT NOT WITH SIMstarter v2.x.

It's a bit "pain in the a**", because the main program structure is too static to allow it. But maybe I am working on a next generation - who knows? Accept my family...

If you would like to use SIMstarter for P3Dv2 and P3Dv3 simply make a new installation in a different folder and use one for P3Dv2 and the other for P3Dv3.

Hope that answers your question?!

Thanks pero,

I actually would like to be able to create more than 9 profiles. I suppose that is cheating. So if I do another install, can I create another 9 profiles that act on the same simulator...say p3dv3?

Thanks again.

I didn't reinstall but changed all the paths to point to V3 - kept getting an error that p3dv2 simobjects.cfg couldn't be found. I have uninstalled P3D2.

I'll try uninstalling and reinstalling Simstarter and see if it finds the V3 simobjects.cfg.

If not - I'll just wait for the new version! :)

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Thanks pero,

I actually would like to be able to create more than 9 profiles. I suppose that is cheating. So if I do another install, can I create another 9 profiles that act on the same simulator...say p3dv3?

Thanks again.

yes, not comfortable - but works!

I didn't reinstall but changed all the paths to point to V3 - kept getting an error that p3dv2 simobjects.cfg couldn't be found. I have uninstalled P3D2.

I'll try uninstalling and reinstalling Simstarter and see if it finds the V3 simobjects.cfg.

If not - I'll just wait for the new version! :)

To use SIMstarter with P3Dv3 you need to wait until SIMstarter v2.7 is released. Me and my beta team are working on that. Hope to release it mid of october (latest).