Sign in to follow this  
blacksmith98

Question about Purchasing

Yes so in the registry you have Keys, which are like folders, and inside those you have values. So you heard that FSX can show up as Flight Simulator Demo, what you need to do is find that entry and edit it. If that is indeed what the problem is

Oh, okay. The problem is, it gives me an error message any time I try to edit it.

Nevermind, I guess I'll have to keep working on it. 

Hmm what is the error message? I can't say I've ever had an error message when editing the registry :S

Cannot delete Flight Simulator Demo: Error while editing key

I found something else though. FSX shows up under HKEY_CURRENT_USER, but not HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE where it's supposed to be. This is all getting a bit confusing. Actually now that i think of it, I had an issue with trying to install JustFlight's 757 freemium, as it couldn't find the registry.

Is it a Key or a value you are trying to delete? If you know what a key should state instead of what it does currently, you can modify it. That being said, I have also deleted keys before and never had that error

Ah, I wonder, maybe you need to run regedit as administrator?

Cannot delete Flight Simulator Demo: Error while editing key

I found something else though. FSX shows up under HKEY_CURRENT_USER, but not HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE where it's supposed to be. This is all getting a bit confusing. Actually now that i think of it, I had an issue with trying to install JustFlight's 757 freemium, as it couldn't find the registry.

This usually happens when people have both installed and then remove one or the other.

Submit a ticket at the link in my signature and ask for the registry mechanic tool.

Also, it's a forum rule to include your full name in posts. Please do so in the future. Thanks!

Kyle Rodgers

I'm trying to edit the key. Maybe I do have to run as administrator. I also tried the registry mechanic tool, but it didn't do anything. I appreciate all you guys are doing to help. :)

I also tried the registry mechanic tool, but it didn't do anything.

You got the tool from us?

Again, full names in the forum, please.

Kyle Rodgers

Wait, you guys have your own? I thought it was the flight1 Registry mechanic tool. Sorry :S

Theirs is the Flight1 Registry Repair Tool. Ours is the registry mechanic. Send us a ticket and we'll send you the link to it.

Kyle Rodgers