Sign in to follow this  
Dimka

A few things with my new P3D.

Hello!

Yesterday I made the big jump from FSX to P3D V2.5 and it isn't looking so good off the bat. I have a few questions and hopefully they can be answered here. 

1. Soft/blurry textures. The first thing I noticed when I loaded the default flight was that someone the textures (especially on the flight instruments) were blurry. I know P3D is softer than FSX, but these seemed a bit too ''soft''. How can I crisp up the textures or make them not as "blurry?" 

2. Lag with mouse/keyboard strokes. I installed EZdok V1.8 and it's working fine, but when I middle mouse click or press one of the arrows to move around, there is about a half a second or so until it actually happens. Like in the right click menu, in FSX, it's instant, but in P3D, there is about a second between me clicking and the menu showing up (or view changing).

3. The big one- Performance. I can feel the face-palms. The most noticable thing in P3D that needs to be fixed is my FPS. It is LOW. I have addons installed and in FSX, I always got above 30-40FPS constant, even at scenery airports. But now I can't break 20FPS.... I have searched the internet for tweaks, and I have applied the buffer pool and optimized parts to my CFG and there is no difference. 

I am running-

I7 4790K @ stock speed 4.0

16GB  RAM

Asus Maximus VI mobo

GTX 650

Stock cooling fan 

My FPS in FSX were stellar and I switched to P3D for VC shadows and more FPS, and I am only getting half of that. So any help for this new P3D-er? (Is that a thing? P3D-er?) 

Thank, I'll take a look at the link. Do you also get the lag between moving your mouse or changing views and it actually doing it in the sim? 

Hello!

Yesterday I made the big jump from FSX to P3D V2.5 and it isn't looking so good off the bat. I have a few questions and hopefully they can be answered here. 

P3D needs a bit more work especially to bring back the nice AA that used to reside in 2.4 without using NI but give it time it gets better over time early installs at least in 2.5 are not the best

As much as I respect Nicks help I tried his setup and it did not work for me each system will have to be tweaked for your specific system - known fact nothing to do with Nicks wisdom as He as a lot

Rich Sennett

No, there no noticeable lag with moving the mouse or changing views.....Good luck, you'll love P3D once you get a few little things worked out! I also use Track IR. P.S. I should state I'm still using 2.4, not sure if things changed in 2.5.

My FPS in FSX were stellar and I switched to P3D for VC shadows

Nice VC shadows in FSX with Steve's DX10 Fixer, better fps, water and AA  too

I would say possibly your video card is acting as a serious bottleneck as well. P3D uses the video card a lot more than FSX ever did.

Nick Hatchel

"Sometimes, flying feels too godlike to be attained by man. Sometimes, the world from above seems too beautiful, too wonderful, too distant for human eyes to see …"
Charles A. Lindbergh, 1953

System: Custom Watercooled--Intel i7-8700k OC: 5.0 Ghz--Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 7--EVGA GTX 1080ti Founders Edition--16GB TridentZ RGB DDR4--240GB SSD--460GB SSD--1TB WD Blue HDD--Windows 10--55" Sony XBR55900E TV--GoFlight VantEdge Yoke--MFG Crosswind Pedals--FSXThrottle Quattro Throttle Quadrant--Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS--TrackIR 5--VRInsight MCPii Boeing

Yah didnt even check specs nice system with a sub-par video card - you should get a faster card

Rich Sennett

Agree, video card might need upgrading, the GTX 970 is a pretty good card for the money......

I would say possibly your video card is acting as a serious bottleneck as well. P3D uses the video card a lot more than FSX ever did.

I agree, I have upgraded from a 560Ti to a 970, FSX improvements were marginal if any while in P3D the frame rate virtually doubled.

Stefan Ticusan

If I upgrade from the GTX 650 to the GTX 750, would that be okay? 

Not really, there is not much between them,  look here:

http://www.hwcompare.com/17115/geforce-gtx-650-vs-geforce-gtx-750/

The best performing mid priced card today is the GTX970, wait for it to drop in price soon, the release of the 980Ti will cause the prices to go down

I agree with the others...the gtx 650 is holding you back.  Get the 970.

Ryan

I run a GTX750 with P3D and it runs very nicely with FPS limited to 60fps using my external Nvidia tweak utility.

FlightSim UK - Live To Fly

FSUK.jpg

I switched from a GTX 660 to a GTX 970 and the difference is night and day! Now my CPU/Motherboard (i7 990x/x58) is the bottleneck. I picked up a MSI 970 at Amazon for $279 plus tax...the box was dented!