Sign in to follow this  
Driver170

Is it possible

How can i prevent those streaks or waves on my screen when in window mode and looking about? I have added these lines to my fsx.cfg

ForceFullScreenVSync=True

ForceVSync=True

And set NI to force on

Vernon Howells

Nvidia now support G-SYNC in windowed mode if you have the cash to get a G-SYNC compatible monitor?

MSFS & XP11 - Aviatek G1000 Complex Desktop Trainer - Fulcrum One Yoke - TPR Rudder Pedals - VF TQ6 Throttle - LG 55" OLED Display

could my monitor have g sync?

How could we know - it's your monitor

If its the monitor listed in your hardware profile (Asus VG248QE), then no it does not have G-SYNC.

Here is a selection of G-SYNC compatible monitors on the market at the moment, ignore the ones marked AMD Free-Sync.

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/productlist.php?catid=948&groupid=17&sortby=priceAsc

http://www.scan.co.uk/shop/computer-hardware/all/monitors-tvs/monitors-nvidia-g-sync

MSFS & XP11 - Aviatek G1000 Complex Desktop Trainer - Fulcrum One Yoke - TPR Rudder Pedals - VF TQ6 Throttle - LG 55" OLED Display

I'm wanting to get a new monitor from a 24 to a 27 so i'll be getting this 1

Does anyone know if this can be put on a wall mount arm?

Yes, as long as the mount arm supports the VESA 100x100 size:

2mxk6tw.jpg

is G-SYNC beneficial to FSX

Quick answer: Not likely.  From what I understand, the benefits of G-Sync drop off dramatically if you can't maintain a high minimum framerate. I've read varying topics about this subject and it was several weeks ago so I don't recall the exact details, but it sounds like either 40 fps or 60 fps is pretty much required.  Below that, I believe there were serious issues that start to develop.

So unless you can maintain a very, very high FPS in FSX, I don't think it's something to invest in.

P3D however, might end up being different.  There's a few power users with bleeding edge hardware in that forum that are able to take advantage of P3D's developing ability to actually utilize graphics cards; I was reading something about SLI support very recently.

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.