Sign in to follow this  
Splash_One

KBLM owner shuts down fuel trucks, airport

KBLM is out of JET-A and 100LL following the owner's decision to block tanker access to the fuel farm. Brown is upset because the FBO, Columbia Air Services, is making money from fuel sales and he wants the money. Columbia has a contract so Brown cannot legally kick them out, so instead, he has closed down most of the runway (7000 feet became 3000) to drive off jet traffic, closed the airport at night, and made threatening remarks to FBO personnel and pilots. His plan is to run the FBO out of business, and he has declared if he must destroy the airport to do it, he will. His deadline for the death of the airport (or the surrender of the FBO) is July 28th.Daley proved it was legal and darn easy to destroy a general aviation airport for profit, and now we will see the fruits of his labor. Gentlemen, welcome to the end of general aviation.

Excuse my language but are you [edit] kidding me? I known this brown guy is a total nutcase but this is insane. What about the 100LL self serve, is that shut down too?If BLM is shut down I don't know what I'll do, that's Monmouth County's last local airport and my only chance to fly every weekend!Even though 14-32 is 60% shorter they can still use 3-21 unless they are over 12,500lbs...Do you fly out of KBLM, if not where did you get this information? I fly at Eagles View Aviation which uses Columbias 100LL self-serve! This is such complete BS someones gunna die! If this rich guy doesnt wanna take care of an airport sell it to someone who does but NOT the county!!:-mad :-mad :-mad :-mad :-bang :-bang :-bang :-bangEdit for language...sorry Jason -F

Yes, the self-serve is down. They can't feed the fuel farm, and the farm feeds the self-serve. They have two tankers, about 1000 gallons, and that's all she wrote. If they can't feed the farm, they can't feed anyone.I don't fly out of KBLM, but I do fly, so I think this should get in front of as many pairs of eyes as I can manage. I got the information via another board from someone who does fly at KBLM.

Guest ba747heavy

:( So sad.

>I got the information via another board from someone who does fly at KBLM. Can you give me a link? I fly out of BLM weekly if not more and I'd really love to know where the rest of my flying future is going while this A-hole of owner is in business...Jay

dseagrav,Could you please post this message at flight info?--------------------------------------------------------------I signed up for flightinfo.com forums (actually meant to do it a while ago) and my registration hasn't been sent to my e-mail yet. Tommorow I will call AOPA if my account is still alive, which I think it is to August. Either tommorow if I have time after work or the next day for sure. To the rest of the BLM aviators and others, like previous posters have said lets stop this now while we can! If BLM falls, others fall. It will be a domino reaction. Meigs Field, Monmouth Executive Airport, Your local Airport.I have flown out of Eagles View Aviation in a Cessna 152 at KBLM since last June. I came to KBLM after 2N8 (Marlboro) was closed down so houses could be built over it. To this day I think its just a huge empty field with a strip of asphalt now.. I did bring it up with AOPA, but the response was not what I was looking for. I guess my one voice (maybe a few others?) wasn't loud enough to be heard. A 15 year old named Justin formed a committee to save the airport, but was ordered to back down and move his Piper from the airport. Nonetheless the airport closed anyway, I'm not even sure if any action was taken..As soon as my account is activated I'll post some more in here.Happy and Safe Flying, (That includes fuel tanks with the blue stuff in them)Jason :)----------------------------------------------------------------Thanks, I'd really appreciate that since I didnt get an email about activation yet.. :)Jason :-wave

and that in itself makes me highly suspicious.If they don't want to be known as the source of the rumours, there might well be something fishy about them.Isn't it the FBO who try to drive the airport owner out of business by maybe refusing to pay the rent or something along those lines and the owner is retaliating by cutting them off?As usual you have only one side of a story and that side by someone who wants to remain nicely anonymous...Only one way to find out: look for yourself and talk to ALL parties involved to find out the truth (so not just the operator of the refueling rig).

I doubt it. The poster will want as much exposure as possible after all to his claims, smut campaign or not.

If this was a smut campaign, don't you think I'd be trying to profit from it some way? I'm a student half the country away from BLM, and I'll probably never fly there, but after hearing reports from several sources of Brown's attempts at being Daley's Mini-Me, I decided I should start spreading the news around. There's a local developer with a lot of money and an interest in the GA field by my grandparents' house - If anyone can close an airport just by monkeying around with the legal system, they're next. Allowing this type of behaviour to succeed anywhere will eventually allow it everywhere. If you doubt the truth of the matter try asking Splash_One - He's a student there can probably tell you if I'm spouting "smut" or not.

Didn't this guy try to close the field last January? I seem to recall a friend who flies out of there from time to time telling me about it. It was like Meigs Field, police cars blocking the runway and so on, until the FAA got into it. I know he say's the localizer has been inoperative for months and the runway lights are iffy. John

>It was like Meigs Field, police cars blocking the runway and so on, until the FAA got into it. Yep.>I know he say's the localizer has been inoperative for months and the runway lights are iffy.Yep to the localizer, and we have runway lights?! ;)Jason :-wave