Sign in to follow this  
sage

Garmin 430 unable to display Data Fields

I'm familiar with the both Garmin 430/530. 

Problem:  When I press MENU button on the 430 a small window appears on the GPS window displaying at the top "PAGE MENU"; below that are the following:  Setup Map?, Measure Dist?, Data Fields ON?, Change Fields?, Restore Defaults?  No matter which of those buttons is depressed nothing happens. The other Garmin (530) so far is working properly in the A2A Cherokee 180.

Any thoughts on this?

Thanking you in advance.

Patrick

Those items are not implemented as they are not used in training. They may get added at a later date, but there's no expected time frame.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

they are not used in training. 

??? Sorry but it's very usefull

They may get added at a later date, but there's no expected time frame.

When can we hope get this important feature ?

i9 13900K    HT off 32 Gb DDR5 @ 7.6  Ghz CL36 Asus Apex HERO Z790  W11 64 bits pro sur Kingston FURY Renegade 2 To,  DCS, P3D5 et MSFS sur 2 ème   Kingston FURY Renegade 2 To , RTX 3090 OC (GPU 2Ghz)  Alim Corsair 1500 W  Gold Ecran ACER  28 pouces  4K  G-SYNC
WC  AIO ARTIC liquid freezer II 420 Boitier Gigabyte 3d mars

Our entire product line is driven by the training industry. This means that while you may consider something important, the training industry may not.

As for when, that was already answered.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

You forget that the garmin trainer himself simulate the data fields...

i9 13900K    HT off 32 Gb DDR5 @ 7.6  Ghz CL36 Asus Apex HERO Z790  W11 64 bits pro sur Kingston FURY Renegade 2 To,  DCS, P3D5 et MSFS sur 2 ème   Kingston FURY Renegade 2 To , RTX 3090 OC (GPU 2Ghz)  Alim Corsair 1500 W  Gold Ecran ACER  28 pouces  4K  G-SYNC

The Garmin trainer is a desktop application for individual familiarization of the Garmin product and in no way is it legal for certified training that counts towards a pilot's license or recurrence training.  Our units are installed in certified training systems all over the world.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Yes, but for me, the Garmin apllication is more usefull to use the GNS430 over real airplanes than your system without all its features. I'm a bit disapointed because I believed that your product should simulate more fonctions...

Then by all means, use the Garmin application instead.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Mr WarpD, it was a pleasure to have bought an incomplete product and to be disdained with your unprofessionnal comments !

You could say that you will work about that more quickly than previous to satisfy your customer, but you didn't. You only care their money !

I'm very disappointed by your mind much more than your product wich remain a "basic gps like".

You won't see me again in your shop, and I think I will be not alone.

Sir,  while our product does not do absolutely everything a Garmin unit is capable of, it does exactly what is needed for real world training.  We have always been up front about the fact that the home market does not control what is or is not part of our 430/530 emulations.  Only the training market does.  That has never changed and is not going to change.

The products you purchased include the 430 and 530.  While they don't include data fields on the small 430 screen, they do function and provide a GPS controlled flight complete with accurate procedure selection.  Combined with the purchase of the RealNav database, you now have a WAAS capable unit that can be installed in any of your aircraft for $100 U.S.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69