Sign in to follow this  
herbertgz

I can't download any livery (FSX)

Okay, so i get this error 5696bdf9c0bf4eccab97a8fdb2ef8fa0.png and i have tryed every place and file there is on the pc to download it to i hope you guys can help.

Best Regards,

Herbertgz

Full names in the PMDG forums please.

My first guess is that you have an access problem. Make sure FSXSE is run as administrator.  Did you verify that the file exists to rule out an incomplete installation?

How about the same livery without the airstair option enabled?

Dan Downs KCRP

Yeah i did make sure it did exist, and i have try without airstair.

Again, full names are required on posts in the PMDG forums. Thank you.

Dan Downs KCRP

Hi Andreas, I took a look in my SimObjects folders and compared to your error message;  I don't have a clue what you have done to your installation.

Your error message is pointing to the \SimObjects\Airplanes\PMDG 737-800NGX\Aircraft\PMDG ... etc, which is very wrong.  The correct path to the textures is \SimObjects\Airplanes\PMDG 737-800NGX\ with NO Aircraft subdirectory.  Also, all texture file names are unique to the livery such as texture.pmdg or texture.wn but your error message references a texture folder name without the livery reference such as texture.pmdg.

What have you done to get to this point?  A little more information is going to be required, sorry the answer is not a quick one.

EDIT:  Trying to understand I keep re-reading your post.  Are you trying to manually install a livery?  You need to use the Operations Center to manage liveries.

Dan Downs KCRP

Hey first of all yeah i'm trying to download it using the exe file it comes with tryed the Operations Center, but couldn't find where to do it in it. Other then that, what i have done until now is that i downloaded the livery, and then i tryed downloading it by double clicking the exe, i have pretty much tryed every directory there is. And i have also tryed around 8 livery's i also tryed the directory you said and that didn't work. Hope this could give you a better understanding of my issue.

Hey first of all yeah i'm trying to download it using the exe file it comes with tryed the Operations Center, but couldn't find where to do it in it. Other then that, what i have done until now is that i downloaded the livery, and then i tryed downloading it by double clicking the exe, i have pretty much tryed every directory there is. And i have also tryed around 8 livery's i also tryed the directory you said and that didn't work. Hope this could give you a better understanding of my issue.

All liveries need to be downloaded/installed from the Operations Center (OC) for FSX:Steam Edition. Open the OC, select the aircraft over on the left (in your case, you should look for "NGX FSX:SE," and then below where you selected the aircraft, look for Livery Downloader. Find the livery, click download/install, and let it work its magic. Done.

As Dan mentioned earlier, full names are required in every post. You should be able to configure this in your user settings (click on your user name at the top right of this page) so that you don't forget in the future.

Kyle Rodgers