Sign in to follow this  
harryw

Anybody use VoxATC and Papua New Guinea Region?

Hi all,

I'm not a real life pilot and quite new to ATC procedures (hence I thought VoxATC would be a fun addon to learn about this) and I am a bit lost:

I am trying to do some pattern flying at the ORBX Papua New Guinea region's  AYPY Jacksons, version 6.50, my AI traffic is at about 25%  and am starting at GA parking 26.  I get instructions to to cross runway 14R and then to follow 14L to 32R (i.e. using the runway to taxi)  - right into the path of a plane doing a touch and go. Also, more traffic gets directed down the runway before I am able to take off. It's as if ATC is not aware that the taxiway and the runway are the same.

I am now wondering whether VoxATC has a problem with the airport definition file, my starting ramp somehow is a bad one, I am doing something fundamentally wrong, VoxATX is confused or any combination thereof.

Could somebody who uses ORBX PNG and has some experience with VoxATC possibly check this out? I'd be very grateful - also for any other ideas, hints, etc!

Oh, and P.S.: I do have P3D ATC disabled, AI at 0% and am not running ORBX AI.

Well then, does anybody have any idea or experience with VoxATC and airports that use runways as taxiways in general? Should that theoretically work?