Sign in to follow this  
Bobsk8

Question on Descending through 10,000 feet checklist

On the Below the lone checklist there is an item for the PF that says Ref Speeds Switch/bugs   and the reply is supposed to be " As Req'd / set -Cr  [ off set/ increase set]   From this point on I can't get the PM to lower the flaps when I ask for flaps 5, so I am thinking that I am not giving the correct response to this item. Exactly what am I supposed to say or do 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

I did some research on this today, because I still didn't understand what the "off set" and "increase set" response actually meant, and got this answer on the Majestic Q400 forum from someone. Now it makes sense.   

During descent pilots set the bugs to Vref and Vapp (or Vga).

FS2Crew's "increase set" means the "REF SPEEDS" switch is set to INCR (it's on the overhead panel and a white "INCR REF SPEED" appears at the bottom of the engine display to confirm it's on). If icing conditions are expected during approach, you need to switch it on before starting your approach and add 20 KIAS to Vref and Vapp. 
INCR REF SPD should be on whenever the aircraft is in icing conditions, it makes the stall warning sound earlier to take account of ice accumulation spoiling air flow over the wing.

Say "Off Set" or "Increase Set".  Make sure you see it in the green bar.

FO should then say "FA Notification".

Thanks.  

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Bobsk8

I've been sitting on the fence getting the Voice Edition for this aircraft as I have uniquely only ever used Button Version for all the aircraft FS2Crew had an add-on for.

How difficult/easy was it to use the Voice Edition? Is there a set of commands Flow List? Was it easier to fly the aircraft using the Voice Edition?

Sorry for asking so many questions.

Bobsk8

I've been sitting on the fence getting the Voice Edition for this aircraft as I have uniquely only ever used Button Version for all the aircraft FS2Crew had an add-on for.

How difficult/easy was it to use the Voice Edition? Is there a set of commands Flow List? Was it easier to fly the aircraft using the Voice Edition?

Sorry for asking so many questions.

Still working on it.Sometimes the voice edition misses an input and I wind up yelling at it to do something, or repeating the same command multiple times because you missed saying the phrase that it is waiting for.  The tutorial has all the commands you need and you have to follow them carefully, which sometimes I mess up, when flying. My VA has a 4 page condensed sheet with all the commands on it which I downloaded today which should make it easier. The  more I  use it, the easier it gets. The only downside that I can see with the voice edition is you have to fly with a headset on.