Sign in to follow this  
jetsmell

Fatal Error Message

After several minutes into my flight using any of my PMDG planes , I get a fatal error message. The screen turns white and that terminates the flight. I have appcrash view on all three of my drives and all show a blank screen. I've done some flights with smaller planes on short flights and there's no problem.

I have appcrash view on all three of my drives and all show a blank screen. I've done some flights with smaller planes on short flights and there's no problem.

Most likely it is the PMDG aircraft causing all of your problems. Your comment that you "have appcrashview on all three of my drives and all show a blank screen" is a bit confusing to me. AppCrashView is an application that interprets the Windows Error Reporting crash reports. It provides a bit more information than in the Windows Error Reporting System. It's why it is recommended in the AVSIM CTD Guide that you download it and run it after suffering a CTD or freeze. It should show you all of the crashes you have had since you installed Windows (unless you went into the Windows Error Reporting folder and deleted all of the crashes).

I need to see the results of the latest AppCrashView crash report in order to try to help you. The information that your screen turns white tells me that you ran out of memory and your computer system is fighting for memory resources. The PMDG aircraft are mostly resource intense as they try to provide you with the most 'eye-candy' as possible. The developer has some options in the configuration where you can make it a bit more resource friendly by turning down some of the eye-candy.  Since the PMDG aircraft are resource hogs, having high settings can cause this crash. Having the BufferPool tweak can cause this crash if not properly set up for your computer system. Having the AffinityMask tweak installed can cause this crash if not properly set up for your computer system. A high overclock can cause this problem as a CPU or DRAM voltage setting in your BIOS may be too high or too low.  Having a LOD_Radius above the max default of 4.5 can cause this crash.  Having a Texture_Max_Load setting at 4096 can cause this crash.

For these reasons, you should move your fsx.cfg to another temporary folder, restart FSX, and try to keep your settings mostly at the default. Changing the screen resolution and making sure AA and AF are ticked are okay. I would leave the settings under the Scenery Tab alone. Your AI settings you can change to whatever you like. Just do not mess with the Scenery sliders. Then go and try your flight again and hopefully your crashes will stop. If they do, then you can pretty much be sure that your CTD's were caused by your FSX.cfg.

Only you can do this. There is no magic setting that will fix your problem. You will have to discover what's wrong yourself through investigations as we suggest in the AVSIM CTD Guide. As you can see in the AVSIM CTD Guide under Probable Causes for crashes, it is very rare when a solution will fix a certain type of crash for everyone.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Thank you for the very informative reply. I will certainly try your suggestions.

It happened again.I went inti the Avsim CDT made all necessary changes. For some reason AppCrash shows a blank page. I had downloaded the 777 from PMDG and am wondering if that download could cause this. I never had a problem before this.

My AppCrash still doesn't work.

- <System>

<Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Diagnostics-Performance" Guid="{CFC18EC0-96B1-4EBA-961B-622CAEE05B0A}" />

<EventID>100</EventID>

<Version>2</Version>

<Level>3</Level>

<Task>4002</Task>

<Opcode>34</Opcode>

<Keywords>0x8000000000010000</Keywords>

<TimeCreated SystemTime="2015-06-06T15:44:40.673708900Z" />

<EventRecordID>1016</EventRecordID>

<Correlation ActivityID="{03312C70-F800-0006-46DD-5D6B6FA0D001}" />

<Execution ProcessID="1780" ThreadID="2000" />

<Channel>Microsoft-Windows-Diagnostics-Performance/Operational</Channel>

<Computer>FLIGHT</Computer>

<Security UserID="S-1-5-19" />

</System>

- <EventData>

<Data Name="BootTsVersion">2</Data>

<Data Name="BootStartTime">2015-06-06T15:42:39.687200400Z</Data>

<Data Name="BootEndTime">2015-06-06T15:44:38.286904700Z</Data>

<Data Name="SystemBootInstance">354</Data>

<Data Name="UserBootInstance">348</Data>

<Data Name="BootTime">41154</Data>

<Data Name="MainPathBootTime">26054</Data>

<Data Name="BootKernelInitTime">24</Data>

<Data Name="BootDriverInitTime">342</Data>

<Data Name="BootDevicesInitTime">1739</Data>

<Data Name="BootPrefetchInitTime">0</Data>

<Data Name="BootPrefetchBytes">0</Data>

<Data Name="BootAutoChkTime">0</Data>

<Data Name="BootSmssInitTime">22350</Data>

<Data Name="BootCriticalServicesInitTime">280</Data>

<Data Name="BootUserProfileProcessingTime">184</Data>

<Data Name="BootMachineProfileProcessingTime">0</Data>

<Data Name="BootExplorerInitTime">708</Data>

<Data Name="BootNumStartupApps">15</Data>

<Data Name="BootPostBootTime">15100</Data>

<Data Name="BootIsRebootAfterInstall">false</Data>

<Data Name="BootRootCauseStepImprovementBits">0</Data>

<Data Name="BootRootCauseGradualImprovementBits">0</Data>

<Data Name="BootRootCauseStepDegradationBits">0</Data>

<Data Name="BootRootCauseGradualDegradationBits">0</Data>

<Data Name="BootIsDegradation">false</Data>

<Data Name="BootIsStepDegradation">false</Data>

<Data Name="BootIsGradualDegradation">false</Data>

<Data Name="BootImprovementDelta">0</Data>

<Data Name="BootDegradationDelta">0</Data>

<Data Name="BootIsRootCauseIdentified">false</Data>

<Data Name="OSLoaderDuration">457</Data>

<Data Name="BootPNPInitStartTimeMS">24</Data>

<Data Name="BootPNPInitDuration">1754</Data>

<Data Name="OtherKernelInitDuration">112</Data>

<Data Name="SystemPNPInitStartTimeMS">1863</Data>

<Data Name="SystemPNPInitDuration">326</Data>

<Data Name="SessionInitStartTimeMS">2194</Data>

<Data Name="Session0InitDuration">8393</Data>

<Data Name="Session1InitDuration">281</Data>

<Data Name="SessionInitOtherDuration">13675</Data>

<Data Name="WinLogonStartTimeMS">24544</Data>

<Data Name="OtherLogonInitActivityDuration">617</Data>

<Data Name="UserLogonWaitDuration">134</Data>

</EventData>

</Event>

My AppCrash still doesn't work.

The Event Viewer Gooblygook you posted provides no useful information. In the AVSIM CTD Guide, page 2, I have a section on the Event Viewer and how to use it. You opened up Windows Diagnostic Performance and that provides no useful information unless I was sitting at your computer and wanted to look at some performance data. The real section of the Event Viewer is where the "meat" is located. You want to open up Custom Views and then Administrative Events. Administrative Events shows you everything that is wrong with your computer since you started it up today or yesterday or since you installed Windows. Of course it will not show you any details like AppCrashView but it will at least show you your critical events that need fixing right now.

I wish there was an easy way to fix your problem. There is not.

Best regards,

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Warning    6/6/2015 9:51:31 PM    e1dexpress    27    None

- <System>
  <Provider Name="e1dexpress" />
  <EventID Qualifiers="40964">27</EventID>
  <Level>3</Level>
  <Task>0</Task>
  <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
  <TimeCreated SystemTime="2015-06-07T01:51:31.874400600Z" />
  <EventRecordID>135380</EventRecordID>
  <Channel>System</Channel>
  <Computer>FLIGHT</Computer>
  <Security />
  </System>
- <EventData>
  <Data />
  <Data>Intel® Ethernet Connection (2) I218-V</Data>
  <Binary>0000040002003000000000001B0004A00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001B0004A0</Binary>
  </EventData>
  </Event>

Provider Name="e1dexpress" />

This is likely your Intel® Ethernet Connection I217-V (wired network driver). Please update it to the latest version available.  I would download and run a driver update program such as the Driver Booster program - http://www.iobit.com/en/driver-booster.php. This program will scan your system for drivers and download the drivers needed for free but the connection is slower than the registered version.

Best regards,

Edited by firehawk44
Added missing link.

Submit News to AVSIM

I downloaded the latest drivers, same problem.[General] AppCrash still not working either. Below is what the notepad says in the AppCrashView Config. ;
ShowGridLines=0
SaveFilterIndex=0
ShowInfoTip=1
ShowTimeInGMT=0
VerSplitLoc=16383
ShowReportArchive=1
ShowReportQueue=0
AddExportHeaderLine=0
MarkOddEvenRows=0
WinPos=2C 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 01 00 00 00 FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 80 02 00 00 E0 01 00 00
Columns=96 00 00 00 78 00 01 00 78 00 02 00 78 00 03 00 78 00 04 00 78 00 05 00 78 00 06 00 78 00 07 00 FA 00 08 00 78 00 09 00 FA 00 0A 00
Sort=0

Could a Windows update be the problem ? Should I try a system restore ?

downloaded the latest drivers, same problem.[General] AppCrash still not working either. Below is what the notepad says in the AppCrashView Config. ;

That config is the same as the one in my AppCrashView folder. Did you right click AppCrashView and select "Run as Administrator"? You probably have tons of security turned on. It sounds like it anyway. Security messes everything up. Right click the AppCrashView program and under the General Tab look down at the bottom and make sure it is Unblocked next to Security.

You can always run Restore and not sure why you have not run it already. It will get rid of any Windows updates that might have been installed and caused your current problems. It probably will not fix FSX though.

Since your problem is only associated with your PMDG aircraft, I would uninstall all of them, run a registry cleaner and make sure there are no directories for PMDG still remaining in Windows Explorer. Run FSX once and close it. Now, reinstall the PMDG products and make sure any anti-virus program is turned off, UAC is disabled, and just to make sure, right click the setup program(s) and select Run as Administrator (or Install as Administrator).

Best regards,

Submit News to AVSIM

You can always run Restore and not sure why you have not run it already. It will get rid of any Windows updates that might have been installed and caused your current problems. It probably will not fix FSX though.

Using  the restore option will most likely  cause more issues  and should be used  at the last resort.  The op  could try to delete the window updates manually  before  the dates  that he had issues.  Although I find  this unlikely  since  there would  be  a rush of  posts on this issue. I would  go by your advice  since he only  having issues with pmdg aircraft delete them   and   re install   again.  

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

I UN-installed all the PMDG Aircraft as suggested, Then re-installed one. Made four flights without a problem. I think it looks good now. Thank you very much.

Great!  Thanks for providing your fix.  Hope it continues to work.

Best regards,

Submit News to AVSIM