Sign in to follow this  
Mickeyj

NGX freezes every 2-3 minutes in P3D2

Hi guys,

i have a problem with the NGX keeps freezing the sim every 2-3 minutes. Did a reinstal as admin. No luck. The NGX is the only aircraft showing this behaviour,

Many thanks for help in advance.

Michae Jahn--- 

Greetz

MJ

My youtube blog________________________Prepar3D v2.5/v3

youtubefooter.jpg

Did a reinstal as admin.

Contrary to what a lot of people in the sim hobby will say, reinstalls rarely fix things unless directed by someone who knows the product very well.

i have a problem with the NGX keeps freezing the sim every 2-3 minutes.

This is usually caused by having the AutoSave feature enabled in FSUIPC.

Kyle Rodgers

Contrary to what a lot of people in the sim hobby will say, reinstalls rarely fix things unless directed by someone who knows the product very well.

This is usually caused by having the AutoSave feature enabled in FSUIPC.

So i outted myself as a noob :D

Many thanks Kyle for the fast response. Yes i do have the autosave of FSUIPC activated. Gonna check it out.

Many thanks :)

Greetz

MJ

youtubefooter.jpg

So i outted myself as a noob :D

haha - our community is rife with half-cooked advice from people, and regardless of how long you've been here, some still pay attention to it. The comment about someone who knows the product well was meant to say a developer or a support person. Wasn't trying to take a shot at you, or anyone else.

Many thanks Kyle for the fast response. Yes i do have the autosave of FSUIPC activated. Gonna check it out.

You're welcome. With the NGX, there's a lot of data that gets saved when you use the Save Flight function. Not only is it saving sim data, it's also creating a panel state, and other PMDG data files so that the plane is configured correctly when you go to load the flight later.

Kyle Rodgers

Not sure if it's difficult, but it seems like it might be a good idea for PMDG to create their own autosave since the default doesn't work well with it.  Might help folks who have crashes and OOMs to get back to their flight.  Only an idea.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Not sure if it's difficult, but it seems like it might be a good idea for PMDG to create their own autosave since the default doesn't work well with it.  Might help folks who have crashes and OOMs to get back to their flight.  Only an idea.

We kinda already do, actually. When someone initiates a default save, ours initiates a save of our own variables. It isn't so much that ours doesn't work well with the default, it's that, in addition to the default, the computer is also doing extra things to save all of our data, too.

Think of it this way:

The default save requires the sim to save a a couple files. Since our aircraft has an FMC and all kinds of other things being run outside of the normal sim variables (and they have to be, since the sim doesn't handle most of the stuff we need), those variables and states need to be saved on top of the existing data (and at nearly the same time, else they risk being out of sync).

So, we were previously (with a default aircraft) only asking the computer to accomplish a couple things when saving a flight. With the NGX, we're asking it to do that, in addition to saving our stuff, too. Keeping in mind that the sim must also be kept running, most computers suffer a bit of a resource crunch at this time, which shows up as a pause, unless you've got a pretty powerful system. Not sure how much optimization can be done here. FSX itself is already a processor hog (where it should have been a little more optimized to rest more on the graphics card), so using extra processor power is going to have some unfortunate consequences.

Kyle Rodgers

Hello Kyle,

many thanks again foe support everything is working well now. Switching off the autosave function did the trick :)

Greetz

MJ

youtubefooter.jpg

Hello Kyle,

many thanks again foe support everything is working well now. Switching off the autosave function did the trick :)

Glad it worked!

Kyle Rodgers

This post may have solved my FSX freeze issues so thanks so much guys!!! Had no idea it was the NGX and auto-save causing it, thought it was MyTraffic this whole time.