Sign in to follow this  
HoratioWondersocks

Airport sceneries question.

Just have the freeware above the defaults in the scenery library.

Jim's right. Anything you add to the scenery file will automatically over-ride the default unless you manually changed the order to place the addon above the default entries. (which wouldn't really make any sense)

The one thing you do need to watch out for is duplicate AFD files as this can result in some strange stuff and can also hurt performance. But once again, the defaults won't be a problem. They would be AFD (aka AFCAD) files you installed yourself that clashed with the AFD that came with your add-on.

The chances are you won't have a problem until you get addicted to add-on sceneries and start having some clashes. (You WILL get addicted once you see how inferior the stock airports are!) :rolleyes:

Ian

Already on my way to addiction Ian.

I bought a new PC about six months ago ,and for the first time in ten years or so I can run add-on airports as smoothly as the defaults and some of these  are tremendous.

However!!!

I am having one or two problems  i.e. In FSNav for instance  I may  get dual runways or runways marked as ILS equipped in FSNav but as not in FS9 itself ,this sort of thing .One addon displays a runway as present in FSNav but it is in fact a taxiway.

These issues are minor irritant's rather than anything major ,so not a real worry, but it would be nice not to have them .

Anyways cheers Andy

Jim! Thanks my add-ons are already above the defaults.

PS most of my new add-on airports run without the for mentioned issues .Which is good.

photo-141290.gif?_r=1341161573?t=54318216?t=43542077

Two things about FS Navigator:

1. If the add-on airport has different co-ordinates (or different airport name) to the original one, you will see both airport layouts in map view. The solution is to open the A&FD file for the add-on and make co-ordinates and names identical.
  2. If the add-on dispenses with a runway in the dafault (such as replacing runway 9/27 with 9L/27R and 9R/27L then the original runway will show on the map. There isn't a lot that can be done about that, I'm afraid.

Oh, and I should have added that:

1. Redundant default ILSs will still show
  2. Additional ILSs in the new scenery will work (and will display) but ATC instructions will not offer you an ILS approach. That isn't to say you can't use it!

Those last two are to do with how Flight Simulator works and not to do with FS Navigator at all.

John

My co-pilot's name is Sid and he's a star!

http://www.adventure-unlimited.org

Thanks for your thoughts guys.

Thanks John for explanation of how FSnav does some of its business. As I am a bear of very little brain I will ignore any attempt to fiddle with it.

Cheers Andy

photo-141290.gif?_r=1341161573?t=54318216?t=43542077