Sign in to follow this  
avgaskoolaid

NGX- Cannot load saved flight

So, I'm having another problem with the NGX, but this time I was sure to read through the intro manual thoroughly to see if I'm doing something wrong. However, the issue I am having was not outlined in the manual (or I just can't find it). Anyway, when I try to resume a saved flight via the FSX 'Load' menu, my NGX does not return to the configuration it was in when the flight was saved (via the ';' key only, not FSUIPC). I saved the flight while doing Tutorial #2 a couple miles out from my TOD. After restarting FSX and loading the flight, the aircraft enters a nose dive until the 15 seconds of System Configuration pass, after which it seems to be in the 'default' configuration. The same thing happens if I try to load the pre-made save file for the tutorial that comes with NGX, and if I put the aircraft in slew mode until it finishes configuring. I thought that it may be because I set the startup state to 'NGX Default', and that this setting was overriding everything else, but after clearing it so that nothing appears in the 'Startup state' field I get the same issue. 

Think you need to save  the fmc   panel state as well, any way that's what I do  when I want  to save  the flight  

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

The panel state is automatically saved during the save flight action, no need to do this separately.  You can see these files in the panelstate folder.

Make sure you do not try to load any PMDG aircraft "on top" of another PMDG aircraft.  That is, do not set a PMDG aircraft as the default start aircraft that appears in Free Flight when first starting the simulator. I use either a Trike (in FSX) or the Beech B-58 in P3D.  When saving a flight try to pick a time to save where the aircraft is stable, not accelerating or changing altitude and is not close to the next waypoint; I have found that this gives the simulation time to load, initialize and settle down before resuming the session.

Dan Downs KCRP

The panel state is automatically saved during the save flight action, no need to do this separately.  You can see these files in the panelstate folder.

Make sure you do not try to load any PMDG aircraft "on top" of another PMDG aircraft.  That is, do not set a PMDG aircraft as the default start aircraft that appears in Free Flight when first starting the simulator. I use either a Trike (in FSX) or the Beech B-58 in P3D.  When saving a flight try to pick a time to save where the aircraft is stable, not accelerating or changing altitude and is not close to the next waypoint; I have found that this gives the simulation time to load, initialize and settle down before resuming the session.

My default flight is simply the FSX default one (the trike at Friday Harbor) so that's not the issue. Also, both my saved flight and I'm assuming the saved flight included with the aircraft were made when the plane was level and still several miles from the next waypoint. One thing that the manual doesn't make 100% clear is if I need to load the panel state that it automatically makes when I save the flight, or if this is loaded up automatically upon resumption of the flight. Also, in your experience, when resuming the flight do you need to put the aircraft in slew until it initializes or does it maintain straight and level more or less until the panel initialization is complete? 

The panel state that was saved with the flight is automatically used when loading the flight.  In fact, it loads two files with same filename as your saved flight filename which can be found in PMDG\PMDG 737 NGX\PanelState.  Things such as failure settings and timers are required as well as the aircraft state.

I do not put the aircraft in a slew mode, although if I remember I will put it in a heading hold mode but I usually forget.  I've gotten in the habit of saving my long haul flights with the 777 about 40 nm before TOD to reset my VAS usage so I am loading saved flights often.  The only problems I've had are occasionally the pitch will have odd behavior but it settles down within a minute; also, if I am close to the next waypoint in LNAV she may do a wild correction to get back on desired track which is why I set heading hold if I remember.  Regardless, I've always found the aircraft settles down back into the state I left it not long after the 20 sec initialization.

Dan Downs KCRP

The panel state that was saved with the flight is automatically used when loading the flight.  In fact, it loads two files with same filename as your saved flight filename which can be found in PMDG\PMDG 737 NGX\PanelState.  Things such as failure settings and timers are required as well as the aircraft state.

Ok. In that case, how come when I load the saved flight that came with the aircraft (I'll forget about the one I made for now in case I messed up somehow), 'NGX Tutorial #2 Before Top of Descent', the aircraft goes into the default startup state instead of loading the saved panel state? I've cleared the 'Startup State' area in the FMC but it hasn't helped. 

how come when I load the saved flight that came with the aircraft (I'll forget about the one I made for now in case I messed up somehow), 'NGX Tutorial #2 Before Top of Descent', the aircraft goes into the default startup state instead of loading the saved panel state?

I don't know.  I just verified my answer by loading the same Tutorial#2 before TOD flight that you mention and it works exactly as expected. After 20 sec initialization, she settles down to on ALT and on SPD as set.  When you say starts default, you mean engines are running at idle and nothing is set in the FMS as if you were on the ground at the end of the runway? What about loading any other saved flight, are you still going into default startup?  The startup state value is saved to the aircraft.ini file I think.  For example, PMDG\PMDG 737 NGX\Aircraft\N738PM.ini for the default 738 in PMDG colors.  I have not set a value for the key startup state so checking my ini file didn't reveal anything.

A few other things to work with here are confirming you are running FSX as admin and you have admin folder rights to the directories.

Dan Downs KCRP

When you say starts default, you mean engines are running at idle and nothing is set in the FMS as if you were on the ground at the end of the runway? 

Yep, the gear even comes down without me touching anything. Anyway, I just tried to load a panel state in after the aircraft initialized form the FMC, and it seemed to work just fine. I have no idea why I couldn't seem to get it to work before. It would be nice if the panel automatically loaded as soon as I bring up the flight, but I guess I'll have to settle with entering slew mode and digging through the FMC to find my saved file. 

Kevin Hall, in a related thread, remarked that the panel files for the Intro are old and maybe the old bug is biting you.  Hopefully this is just going to be a problem for you with those and all flights you save in the future will load with the aircraft configured as expected.  It that does not work then you should submit a ticket to PMDG Product Support to get it sorted out.

Dan Downs KCRP

I have the exact same problem. I just bought a pretty powerful gaming PC with Win10/64 (i7-7700, 32G RAM, NVidia GTX1080). I am using FSX-SE.

My PC came with Win10 Anniversary Edition, but I immediately upgraded it to Creators Edition. I installed all programs from scratch. I also have ORBX Global Base, Vector and N.America.

I am just developing a procedure how to save flights etc.

My approach is to start from Cold and Dark state, start up the electrical system, switch to ground power and program the FMC, than save the flight.

I am saving every flight before pushback, taxi, takeoff, top-of-climb, top-of-descent, arrival and approach (so far I have created only a couple of flights, because of this problem). 

When I was trying to reload the saved flights, the FMC was in its default state: the same one you get when you long press the MENU button in the Cold and Dark state with the FMC backlight / panel light illuminated (so the display appears bright, rather than black). So far I dealt with the issue by re-loading the rte file (that I also save for each route) and then redoing the entire initialization.

I can do that for flight segments where the airplane is on the ground (not moving), but it does not work in the air (ToC, ToD, Arrival, Appch).

I saw some similar issues, where simConnect was misbehaving, so I reinstalled simConnect, but that did not help. I believe I did not have this problem early on (can't quite remember, since I am new to flight simming). Perhaps coincidentally the problem started to happen after I installed ORBX, but can't say for sure.

If you have any idea please help.

Thanks.

When you save a flight use the FSX Menu Bar. Click on Flights, click on Save, type the Flight Title in the box at the top of the Flight Save screen, click OK. The flight is now saved. Don't be concerned with the files that were save of which there are six or seven. When you want to use the saved flight do it using the Free Flight screen. Click on Load, highlight  the Flight Title, click Fly Now. Make sure FSX has been closed and restarted before attempting to load and fly a saved flight. Leave the FMC alone. That is it.