Sign in to follow this  
N405GJ

Study level G1000 GA Aircraft

As the topic says, are there any GA aircraft with a study level, or close to, G1000 for P3D? I'll be doing SE real flying in a G1000 equipped 172 and would love to get some practice in.

Matt Bernard
20+ Years Commercial/GA A&P/PLST

Study level G1000 included with an aircraft?  Not really.

There are reasonable approximations, and less reasonable approximations, but if you want to actually learn the ins and outs of a G1000, Flight1 do a trainer which integrates with P3D, but it's a more a systems trainer that you can fly (like Aerowinx), than an add-on aircraft that happens to have a full G1000.

http://www.flight1tech.com/Products/AvionicsSimulations/GarminG1000StudentSimulatorSoftware.aspx

Bit pricey, but as more a training product than an entertainment one, it's reasonable value.

Edit: Almost forgot, Mindstar have a G1000 addon, 

http://www.mindstaraviation.com/orderdesk/AviationOrderForm.asp

Much cheaper, probably a better option as you can integrate it with existing aircraft....

The F1 C182 was the closest GA single style 'G1000' around I think (tho FSX only if I am not mistaken), even that is not fully complete.  I would suggest buying a G1000 trainer from Garmin.  I got a Garmin trainer program for the DA-42, I think it was 20-30 bucks.  Remember the G1000 is somewhat of a flightsim within itself so you don't really need P3D to study it, better to use the actual Garmin software.

Cheers

TJ

How far off is the Flight1 KingAir?

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

How far off is the Flight1 KingAir?

Released for P3D some time ago. Has the same limitations as the 182, but does also use the Garmin trainer.

Released for P3D some time ago. Has the same limitations as the 182, but does also use the Garmin trainer.

Um...so no VNAV and can't use airways for flight planning?  I have the Mustang...neither of those.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Garmin sells a G1000 trainer for $25. https://buy.garmin.com/en-US/US/shop-by-accessories/pc-trainers-cessna/g1000-pc-trainer-for-cessna-nav-iii-ver-9-03/prod31987.html If you are looking for maximum replica of the Cessna Nav III G1000. I suggest calling them with the version number of the G1000 in the aircraft you fly to get maximum compatibility.

Mindstar also sells an add-on G1000 that I have heard good reviews of, but cannot vouch for myself.

The King Air G1000 is different than your typical Cessna install. I have the Garmin software for the King Air v13.02. Because of the GCU477 and GMC710 as well as the customization of the G1000 for the King Air there are some differences as opposed to your typical Cessna install. However, from a standpoint of display its a Garmin, all G1000s have the same basic display.

Thanks for all the great replies. I guess study level was a bad choice of words. I should have said "most realistic" i guess. I don't think I will ever be able to afford to be a real pilot, just have an opportunity to finally go for a couple $100 hamburgers this summer. Well, probably more like $300 hamburgers in today's money. Was $100 when i made the trips with my Dad when I was a kid. In this case I'm almost certain I wont get any left seat time, so it does not have to be perfect. I guess as close as possible, preferably in a GA type aircraft.

Matt Bernard
20+ Years Commercial/GA A&P/PLST

The best one in an addon is the F1 king air...

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |