Sign in to follow this  
pwscott

Recording Videos and Screen Shots in P3D 2.X

Well I have XSplit and can record videos with that. I do like the idea of the P3D recorder though as it allows you to record and then go play it back and pick your views as it is running. Maybe someday LM will fix that.   :)

Hello,

I have a problem with ShadowPlay and Prepar3D V2.5

I start Prepar3D and i see the FPS in the right corner, but i am not able to record. Click the "F11" button but nothing happens

i'm also not available to see 'Allow desktop capture'

F11 is the key i  have to manual mode

ALT+F12 is the key for the FPS

The other is None

I have the GeForce GTX 770M (notebook)

i'm also not available to see 'Allow desktop capture'

If you are not seeing "Allow Desktop Capture" (required if you want to record video in P3D) then:

1.  You don't have Aero enabled in Win7 (assume you're using Win7)

2.  The 770M may not support desktop capture (seems unlikely, but I don't know much about the 770M)

3.  Your nVidia drivers didn't install the latest NV experience correctly  - suggest you use DDU utility to uninstall your existing drivers, download the latest 770M drivers from nVidia web site, do a clean install

Cheers, Rob.

Rob,

I ot this response from the support in Nvidia;

"We're sorry the ShadowPlay desktop capture is only Compatible with Desktop GPU. Unfortunately Notebook GPU's are not compatible.

Hence you're not able to use the feature Desktop capture feature."

I have other solution??

By the way, what program i can use to record the P3D videos without much mpact on the FPS?

Thank's

João

I have other solution??

There are other products that can capture video ... FRAPS is one but you will need to set it to capture desktop also (but this should work since it doesn't rely on nVidia).  But your asking A LOT from a laptop to do video capture and run P3D at the same time.

Cheers, Rob.

Guys if you are running Windows 10, it has a built-in recorder that works pretty good with no noticeably performance hit. Whenever you run a game just hit windows key + G to bring up the recording overlay.

Thank's Devgrp

I using windows 7, I have to think of upgrading to the W10 .

By the way, i use before windows 8.1, but i had problens with the joystick and USB ports, because they came into stanby. Do you know if this problem exists in windows 10

Thank's Devgrp

I using windows 7, I have to think of upgrading to the W10 .

By the way, i use before windows 8.1, but i had problens with the joystick and USB ports, because they came into stanby. Do you know if this problem exists in windows 10

Joystick problem is gone, but I use fsuipc. It is so much better for the different profiles alone