Sign in to follow this  
alulekk

Ground Environment P3D (coming shortly) w/ OrbX?

Hi.

Another of my "please help me figure out my &@($* from my elbow" posts about scenery.

Been seeing some preview shots of the new Flight 1 Ground Environment P3D version that's about to come out (sounds like next week probably).

Very impressed.

Does anyone know if that product can work alongside OrbX regions?  (like can you use OrbX PNW and GE P3D together)

Sorry if this is a dumb question - I still find these scenery situations hard to unpack.

Thx

I think GE (P3D) will be the direct competitor to ORBX Global.  There should be no issues with ORBX regions.  As long as you have the region active in FTX Central, all ORBX textures take priority.  Outside of the regions, there should be no issues, as you will be seeing the Ground Environment textures everywhere else.

From what I can gather ( I may be wrong), the choice for a potential purchaser is DO I WANT ORBX GLOBAL ? or GE for Prepar3D ?  These two would not be compatible with the other.

I was a GEX user in FSX but this was not compatible with Prepar3D when I switched, so I purchased ORBX GLOBAL and I  have no plans to switch back. :good: 

WAT1460.png

Interesting.

I have to say the screens that Nick has been dropping here and there of places I'm familiar with look better in the new GE P3D than w/ Global.

yeah, gotta love the competition.... think I'll wait to see screenshots from other users.  Nick's screens are just too cartoony for me.  They lack  the true environment look one gets from Prepar3D with proper lighting / shadows / texture "richness" / reflections, etc.  Nick's shots just don't possess these.

WAT1460.png

Any desert shots of the southwest USA?

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.

Interesting.

I have to say the screens that Nick has been dropping here and there of places I'm familiar with look better in the new GE P3D than w/ Global.

I have not seen any shots - mind posting a link to such pictures - thanks

Rich Sennett

I have not seen any shots - mind posting a link to such pictures - thanks

I want to, but now I can't find any!  :-(

Wondering if they got pulled.  Was a few days ago.

I want to, but now I can't find any!  :-(

Wondering if they got pulled.  Was a few days ago.

Thanks yes I could not find any if it looks like the older version in anyway I'm out as it would have to blow away global and that will remain to be seen

Rich Sennett

+1  

The only recent shots  I've seen are here >>  http://www.simforums.com/forums/gex-north-america-v200-images_topic51298.html  but these were for FSX .

Wont be any different for P3D but hey that recent update is free cant go wrong with that if its your preference 

Rich Sennett