Sign in to follow this  
cropduster

MCP Choices that work with P3D

Looking to get an MCP for P3D, most that I have researched don't say much on compatibility with P3D.  Is there any recommendations out there?  I mostly fly PMDG 737 and 777 but would like one that can work with Aerosoft 320 and other regional jets.  

I'm using the CPFlight 737EL MCP and EFIS panel; both work a treat with the NGX and 777 in P3Dv2. They also work perfectly with any other addon aircraft that utilizes the default autopilot (RealAir, Carenado etc).

• Upvote 1

MSFS & XP11 - Aviatek G1000 Complex Desktop Trainer - Fulcrum One Yoke - TPR Rudder Pedals - VF TQ6 Throttle - LG 55" OLED Display

Opencockpits.com MCPv3

with OC4BAv3 software works

fine in FSX, FSX-SE and P3Dv2.

Drivers are available for NGX, 777X, Airbus

and soon 747X

Roar Kristensen    www.flightsim4fun.com

P3Dv4 with Opencockpits hardware controlled by OC4BAv4 for immersive PMDG B737/777/747 flying

XPLANE 11 with Opencockpits hardware controlled by OC4BA_XP for immersive  B737 flying

rmMShli.jpg?1 WylQl0J.jpg?3

+1 for the goflight mcp pro. Works great, looks great and the goflight interface tool is excellent.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

I have the VRInsight MCP Combo II Boeing style and use it for all of my default and addon aircraft.

The unit has EFIS MCP and radio modules.

It ain't pretty. But it interfaces with LINDA and FSUIPC; making it easy to program. LINDA also has prebuilt profiles for many popular addon aircraft.

VRI also have an Airbus version. I chose the Boeing version as it has more controls which allow for programming both the 737/777 (more controls) and Axx (fewer controls).

I have the VRInsight MCP Combo version 1 and I'm looking to replace it, actually, because the knobs skip and jump.  I hope the new versions are better because I wouldn't recommend it.  Any of these other things LINDA compatible?

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

CpFlight / Engravity / OpenCockpits is what I use as my cockpit hardware.

Every one of sells a MCP.

The best but also the most expensive : CpFlight MCP Pro....

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

Why is that one better?  Keep in mind I'm not a full time 737 simmer.  Any of them work with LINDA modules?

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."

I have the VRInsight MCP Combo version 1 and I'm looking to replace it, actually, because the knobs skip and jump.  I hope the new versions are better because I wouldn't recommend it.  Any of these other things LINDA compatible?

No rotary issues with II. Pots probably not as sophisticated as custom units, but serviceable.

No rotary issues with II. Pots probably not as sophisticated as custom units, but serviceable.

Boy, it would be nice to change out the pots on mine.  No jumping at all?

Gregg Seipp

anyone have any reviews on Cockpit phD, they have a new MCP for right around $399 USD.

opencockpits seems to be a reasonable price for the MCP and EIFS  at $439 USD.  Any thoughts on which one would be better?  I want to make sure which ever one I do get I can use it on most add on aircraft (Aerosoft Airbus, CRJ, Wilco E-Jets, PMDG, etc).

Why is the best over the others?

+1 for GoFlight MCP-Pro with GIT ... no programming required for PMDG 777 and 737.  I waited for GoFlights 30% sales and purchased a couple of grand worth of product, MCP-Pro being one of them.

I did a profile for Aerosoft Airbus A3xx series for GIT includes MCP-Pro ... I make have a more recent one I need to upload, but my older one you can find here: http://www.pollypotsoftware.org.uk/downloads.html ... the forums also have a wealth of info and Steve (developer of GIT) is very supportive and provides regular updates to GIT.

Cheers, Rob.

VRInsight Boeing MCP Combo II works great with LINDA in P3D 2.5. And the best thing is that there are tons of profiles for the popular add-on aircraft available here at AVSIM. The knobs work just fine here. Takes a little getting used because a quick turn advances values fast and turning them slowly changes values in small steps. But it's a great unit which is great to work with many different aircraft.

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT