Sign in to follow this  
kevin77

A very high stall speed(over 170KT) even zero payload

I purchased PMDG777 a few days ago, It is amazing  and I love it very much. At the beginning everything is OK, but after sever normal flights, something strange happens. Every time after taking off (altitude above 100ft), the airplane falls in stall-status immediately. and the stall-speed displayed on the PFD is over 170kt, even when fuel < 10%  payload = 0%(flaps = 5).I have tried to solve this issue, reinstall FSX (DULUX + _ACCEELERATION), only PMDG777 are installed, but the issue still remains.So I have to refer to support forum.Any advice or help are appreciated. Thanks   :huh:

Welcome to the forum, please note the forum rules which include a full name on all posts.

The tutorial flight is quite important for an introduction to the simulation.  Be sure you have set up the FMS and set V-speeds a part of your preflight.  Stop reinstalling software to fix a problem, it will usually introduce problems more often than fix them.

Start the tutorial and if you have problems with that then there's plenty of folks here willing to help.

Dan Downs KCRP

I have tried to solve this issue, reinstall FSX (DULUX + _ACCEELERATION), only PMDG777 are installed, but the issue still remains.

As Dan has mentioned, reinstalls should be one of the last steps. Too many people assume that it's an installation issue, rather than an error in procedure, or something else that's misconfigured.

Are you using any weather programs, such as ASN? Are you using FSUIPC? What is the outside air temp when this is happening?

Kyle Rodgers

What is your default flight? Did you load a flight in icing conditions?

I once had a similar problem, it happened because I had somehow set the default flight in icing conditions (I set the weather to near zero vis to practice IMC flight, at a high altitude airport) and every time I started a flight with any aircraft it was all iced up, and the stall speed increased by quite a bit.

I am sorry for feedback so late. Your advice are very helpful and thank all of you.  :lol:

The reason of this issue is I did not config FMS properly. Because I took off from VHHX (the old airport of HongKong which is not in PMDG FMS's database), Before taking off no runway was selected in FMS,that may be the key reason of this issue.I tried another airport and config FMS , everything worked well.

Although some advice is not the key reason of this issue, but your replies and help are still highly appreciated.  :P

Before taking off no runway was selected in FMS,that may be the key reason of this issue.

Full name on posts in the PMDG forums please.

No, that will not affect the stall speed of the aircraft.  You do not have takeoff data but an aircraft stall has nothing to do with the FMS..., the only explanation is you did not provide an accurate description of the problem.  The FMS is used to calculate V speeds, set thrust limits etc., but aircraft stall is pure aerodynamics.

Dan Downs KCRP

I purchased PMDG777 a few days ago, It is amazing and I love it very much. At the beginning everything is OK, but after sever normal flights, something strange happens. Every time after taking off (altitude above 100ft), the airplane falls in stall-status immediately. and the stall-speed displayed on the PFD is over 170kt, even when fuel < 10% payload = 0%(flaps = 5).I have tried to solve this issue, reinstall FSX (DULUX + _ACCEELERATION), only PMDG777 are installed, but the issue still remains.So I have to refer to support forum.Any advice or help are appreciated. Thanks

Hi, Kevin77,

I agree with Dan and Kyle that the stall problem has nothing to do with your lack of data for Kai Tak.  Since you said that it only happens after several normal flights, I am wondering whether you are reloading the 777 on top of itself or on top of another advanced aircraft?

Although it has nothing to do with your issue, you can add Kai Tak data to the FMC database.  Go to the following site and scroll down.  Although the author, Jock McIntyre mentions an auto-installer, it stopped working in more recent airac releases.  But toward the bottom you will see files for manual install in the PMDG data files.  Unfortunately the data must be reinstalled each time you install a new Airac (navigation data).

http://www.vapap.com/kai-tak-airport

If you don't have scenery, search "VHHX" in the FSX section of the AVSIM library.  Jim Vile has good, basic scenery that also adds navigation frequencies and causes most AI aircraft to perform the IGS approach to Runway 13.  Note that two downloads are required.  Flytampa also has payware scenery.

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

to downscc:

I am sorry , English is not my mother language,so I do not understand the exact meaning of  "Full name on posts in the PMDG forums please", Should I fill my user profile or provide some info to this topic? I would like to obey forum rules while I understanding them.

kevin77 and kaiwei are both my account, for I register another one by misunderstanging (via PMDG-website which link to avsim)

to Mike777 & downscc:

Thanks for your advices, I will take some time to repeat this issue, and provide deatil operation step to this topic, trying to find the root cause. It may take several days while I am very busy recnetly, please be patience.   :smile: 

I am sorry , English is not my mother language,so I do not understand the exact meaning of "Full name on posts in the PMDG forums please", Should I fill my user profile or provide some info to this topic? I would like to obey forum rules while I understanding them.

He is what you can do. To have your signature automatically attached to your post do this. Left click on your user name in the upper right of this page. On the next page left click on Edit my Profile. On the next page left click on Signature and on the next page in the box under Edit Signature enter your full name and left click on Save Changes. Now your name will be on every post you make.