Sign in to follow this  
pperson

VOXATC and Eaglesoft Citation X

I'm having problems with hang up (and occasional CTD) with CitationX by eaglesoft.  Always on descent at about 50nm, MFD freezes.  Anyone have this problem? and cure!

Yes, at 70nm as regular as clockwork, there are many that have this problem and just as many who don't.

The Eaglesoft guys cannot reproduce it and so cannot fix it, which is fair enough I suppose.

For some time now I have been suspecting it is using the CX in conjunction with third party ATC (in my case RC4).

Try a flight without ATC vectoring you, i.e select an approach in the FMC and fly it.

Let us know how you get on, it seems to work ok as long as I do not switch from Lnav to flying headings.

Didn't work.  Reinstalled and now both FSX and VoxATC on same drive (D).  No improvement.  Does ES have same difficulty with other 3rd party ATC's.  Have spent far to much time trying to fix this....

Figured it out, if one does the runway number updater, and has LevelD current info, NO Freezes at 50nm.  Without, always Freeze!.

Hope this helps some folks...

Figured it out, if one does the runway number updater, and has LevelD current info, NO Freezes at 50nm.  Without, always Freeze!.

What runway number updater?

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

See page 75 of Documents. The updated is in voxatc in startup menu

Aha!  Thank you.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Just had a new thread in our forums on this issue. At last we've found the MFD Freeze in CX is VOXATC and some of its plugins causing differences in data. :huh:

Will make the solution a Sticky..

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png