Sign in to follow this  
Ebs

Airport Elevations (Plateau)

Currently, that is the ONLY solution. If it's addon scenery, check with the developer as they may have found a workround.

it's not an addon is a stock airport

No it isn't. Anyone can adjust the airport elevations to match the surrounding mesh, if they wish.

how to do it? here we wrote that the airport can not be inclined

Dear,

When using FSX + SP1 + SP2, Cali airport (SKCL) is at 2500 ft. elevation and there is no problem because the area around is also at the same wrong elevation.

When using FreeMesh, the stock airport maintains at 2500ft, but the landscape go to correct 3160 ft. 

Is it possible to correct the airport elevation?

Is it possible to correct the airport elevation?

Do you own any programs that offer airport elevation corrections such as FTX Vectors? We don't have the ability to offer airport elevation corrections ourselves at this time.

No it isn't. Anyone can adjust the airport elevations to match the surrounding mesh, if they wish.

Jim,

Could you vive us a quick outline as to waht to do? Not fair to ask for a full blown tutorial. But a general idea would allow us to stsrt making tha corrections. Can these corrections be saved and reapplied if, for example, there was a reinstall?

Thanks

Hopefully someone can help me :

I have installed all FMX, including up to patch 1.06 and the result is a great sukses.

But ... LSTJ (Capt Oriel Lea Plaza Intl. at Tarija, Bolivia) is on a "plateau". With FSX default scenery or with FlightSim SLTJ scenery, I obtain same result. Only the airport itself = runway and tarmac is seen "high above" the surrounding area.

When I de-activate FMX Central & South America, the airport+tarmac, both default and the FlightSim, returns to normal.

Is there something I can do to correct this ? Thanks in advance.

I forgot to mention with PMDG B737 on the tarmac at SLTJ I get

Altitude = 7580 ft whereas according recent chart the altitude should be = 6096 ft.

It seems to me that the difference between 7580 - 6096 could well be the height of the plateau.

Hopefully someone can help me :

I have installed all FMX, including up to patch 1.06 and the result is a great sukses.

But ... LSTJ (Capt Oriel Lea Plaza Intl. at Tarija, Bolivia) is on a "plateau". With FSX default scenery or with FlightSim SLTJ scenery, I obtain same result. Only the airport itself = runway and tarmac is seen "high above" the surrounding area.

When I de-activate FMX Central & South America, the airport+tarmac, both default and the FlightSim, returns to normal.

Is there something I can do to correct this ? Thanks in advance.

I forgot to mention with PMDG B737 on the tarmac at SLTJ I get

Altitude = 7580 ft whereas according recent chart the altitude should be = 6096 ft.

It seems to me that the difference between 7580 - 6096 could well be the height of the plateau.

Dirk, default South America terrain is crap.  The area around SLTJ is not accurate, and the airport's elevation is set to match this non-accurate elevation. So when you install FMX, it updates the terrain to higher resolution and greater accuracy. But the airport's elevation is still set to match the old, crap terrain. You will need some airport elevation correction to fix this issue.This is why I recommend FTX Vectors, since it puts many objects at their proper location (rivers, lakes, and airports).

This is what SLTJ looks like with an elevation correction.

zxnuZjk.png

Thank you Daniel for your comment, but ... where can I find FTX Vectors and how to use it ???

FTX Vectors is produced by ORBX at www.fullterrain.com. It has a lot of cool features, but it's not the cheapest thing in the world either :(