Sign in to follow this  
Pete5

making Traffic use less fps

So I just BARLEY got fsx to work with 25fps and I really love ai traffic because I do IFR for almost every flight, But I hear the traffic causes fps to go down from 5 to 20 fps on different settings, I have heard that WOAI has less of an fps drop but I use default planes so it looks awkward If I have an orbit airlines with a Qantas a380 next to each other.

I would assume the FSX-SE uses the same basic file structure.  Navigate to (FSX-SE)\Scenery\World\Scenery.  There is a file name trafficaircraft.bgl.  Change to extension to something like .bck (for backup).  FSX will not see the AI traffic file and won't use any of the Orbit and so on airlines.  Then install all the WOAI you want.  Just rename the file extension back to .bgl if you want the traffic back.

Eric Szczesniak

I would assume the FSX-SE uses the same basic file structure.  Navigate to (FSX-SE)\Scenery\World\Scenery.  There is a file name trafficaircraft.bgl.  Change to extension to something like .bck (for backup).  FSX will not see the AI traffic file and won't use any of the Orbit and so on airlines.  Then install all the WOAI you want.  Just rename the file extension back to .bgl if you want the traffic back.

yeah I did that with fs9 too. I don't think that getting liverys for default aircraft hurt performance.

You might try reducing the texture sizes for the AI aircraft by a factor of 2 or 4. I do that to all my aircraft that others in my group fly online and only keep the full default textures for the aircraft paints that I fly. ( I have over 70 A2A B-17G paints for the 91st Bombardment Group that I fly with ) I reduce the textures from 2048 to 1024 and add mipmaps to increase the visible range a bit on those aircraft.

Paul

Wide-5.jpg

Take a look at Traffic Optimizer - http://forum.avsim.net/topic/451383-traffic-optimizer-for-fsxp3d/. It basically removes all AI outside of a specific radius from your aircraft, hence reducing load on the system and restoring FPS.

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

If you're serious about learning more about AI, texture sizes, how AI interacts within the sim.   Go here:

http://www.alpha-india.net/

Go the forums section, Set yourself up with a password and READ the tons of information posted on just about every aspect of AI.  

I've been a small part of the group for years.   AI is an addiction.  :)

JH

Take a look at Traffic Optimizer - http://forum.avsim.net/topic/451383-traffic-optimizer-for-fsxp3d/. It basically removes all AI outside of a specific radius from your aircraft, hence reducing load on the system and restoring FPS.

UGH it uses FSUIPC but whatever at least it will help ALOT. Why didn't microsoft think of this sort of thing? EDIT Just tried to do it but file deleted.

You might try reducing the texture sizes for the AI aircraft by a factor of 2 or 4. I do that to all my aircraft that others in my group fly online and only keep the full default textures for the aircraft paints that I fly. ( I have over 70 A2A B-17G paints for the 91st Bombardment Group that I fly with ) I reduce the textures from 2048 to 1024 and add mipmaps to increase the visible range a bit on those aircraft.

Paul

how do I do that?

UGH it uses FSUIPC but whatever at least it will help ALOT. Why didn't microsoft think of this sort of thing? EDIT Just tried to do it but file deleted.

Did you use the link in the Best Answer box at the top of the topic? I've just tried it and it downloads OK. Also, what problem do you have with FSUIPC? Many of the best add-ons for FSX use it and it places no noticeable load on the system. The unregistered version (free) apparently works fine with the Traffic Optimizer.

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

Did you use the link in the Best Answer box at the top of the topic? I've just tried it and it downloads OK. Also, what problem do you have with FSUIPC? Many of the best add-ons for FSX use it and it places no noticeable load on the system. The unregistered version (free) apparently works fine with the Traffic Optimizer.

I had problems with it on fs9 causing my game to crash and me having to reinstall the entire game.