Sign in to follow this  
KevMac

PMDG should stop making airplanes

What if, there were a project like Star Citizen but for Flight Simulation?!

Would you wait that longer? Would you invest that money?

I would!!

there is a new flight simulator in development. Check the forums for the name. there is a tech demo of it you can download

Peter Osborn

Yes that is what we need, another Flight Sim. The DEV's can hardly keep up with all that is out there now. It would be no different than now. This is not good for FSX. That don't work in Prepar3D. The Goats ate all the grass from my runway! FS9 makes the goats all turn blue. I hate this. I hate that. This community is so fractured at this point that I would be surprised if we could get a 51% vote for fresh air, healthy Babies, cold Beer and Good looking women.

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

Yes that is what we need, another Flight Sim. The DEV's can hardly keep up with all that is out there now. It would be no different than now. This is not good for FSX. That don't work in Prepar3D. The Goats ate all the grass from my runway! FS9 makes the goats all turn blue. I hate this. I hate that. This community is so fractured at this point that I would be surprised if we could get a 51% vote for fresh air, healthy Babies, cold Beer and Good looking women.

You had me till you mentioned cold beer.....  :bad:

Dnergy, Elon Musk, clean energy, guys come on, these trolling rants must stop. This topic was supposed to be about PMDG.

Geez, the guys are STILL blaming good 'ol Bill Gates to taking flight simming away from us. He has been away from MS for how long? & I'm sure he did not micro manage the gaming section while he was running the show.. Ooops, MS is actually run by a board of directors that are responsible to their share holders.

As for PMDG developing a sim... They develop high quality planes. Also, as said before, pity the poor developers that have to decide what sim they want to develop for. AS for an expected future 64bit sim, where it will need 64bit add-ons to work at it's best.

Back to topic please, or else we will be talking about the future of bee keeping in Singapore, or something else as rediculous.

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

haha you're right pcubine we are way off topic here. I'll edit mine out

Ok, apparently I can't edit it. Weird

I've heard several people state that P3D will be 64bit. I heard 2 years, but who knows when that was and who that was from. I can't verify anyone stating that actually "knows". That being said, Dovetails new flightsim could be 64bit when it's released next year. But we have no information on that other then it's based on MS flight technology, which is pretty much no information. That being said, 64bit doesn't solve the issue of FSX/P3D not really utilising the GPU and more of a CPU hog. However P3D have made in-roads along those lines from what I've seen

I've heard several people state that P3D will be 64bit. I heard 2 years, but who knows when that was and who that was from.

About a month ago in a post RSR wrote that he thought a 64bit platform in about four years. So I figure in about six to seven years there will be enough addon airports and scenery to make it worthwhile to switch from FSX to a 64bit. I will be dead by then.

Ha, well for your sake I hope it happens soon!

I guess the problem for Lockheed is if they did release a 64bit version, I'm sure the add-ons would need a bit of tweaking to work correctly, which would mean for a while LM is technically supporting two platforms. Which would be annoyingly for them, to say the least. Well I guess even add-ons developers would as well

Removed some posts. Keep it on topic and factual, or...well...

arnolderaser-10.jpg

...hopefully some of you are old enough for that reference.

We're sitting here on these fora, and have a reason for this hobby, because governments around the world provided grants to companies to research and develop aircraft. Those grants did not usually have a direct financial return to those governments, but the industry that came up out of that initial investment brought back revenues to the governments through the leverage of fees, taxes, and so on. If any of you would like to whine about various government spending initiatives, write to a Congressperson.

Kyle Rodgers

Remembering that it was rumored that Arnold Schwarzenegger might run for the United States Senate in 2010, your post, including your suggestion to write to a Congressperson, makes complete sense, Kyle.   :P

Back on topic: +1 for fresh air and for PMDG continuing what they do best. (No, not release date estimates, I'm talking about the other stuff! :lol:)