Sign in to follow this  
LdeeFsx247

Upgrade PC help & advice needed

Hi Flight simmers and pilots help needed,

I'm in the process of upgrading my PC from i7 3770k ,Gtx 660 Ti to below what I've bought so far:

CPU-i7 4790k

GPU- EVGA GTX 980 Classified 4GB

Case - Fractal Define R5

PSU - Seasonic 760W gold plus

RAM - 16 GB Vengeance DDR3 1600 MHz

SSD - Samsung Evo Pro 1TB SSD

SSD- Crucial M500 480GB SATA 6GB

HD-2 x 1TB WD Black 7200 rmp Sata 6.0 GB/S

COOLER- Corsair H110i

I'm definitely gonna be overclocking between (4.5 - 4.8) to archive the best out of the Rig specs above.

My questions:

1.What the best Motherboard I can buy for the Rig above I'm kinda stumbled upon to decide what to get. I've tried to search and read reviews but can't seem to decide.

2. Regards my SSD 's and 2 Hard drives where should I install my Fsx ,P3d, Win 7 , scenery addons and all other ORBX and addons.

Asus Maximus range

Asus Z97 range

MSI Z97 range

Gigabyte

Any help is much appreciated,thank you.

Cheers,

Lloyd

For 1, you need to give a budget range for the motherboard.  There's great ones at great prices, and excellent ones at expensive prices.

As for 2, I'd install the OS on the Samsung and FSX/P3D on the Crucial, and keep it only for FS-related stuff.  Flight sims load faster on SSDs but don't benefit that much from the speed.  The OS on the other hand will take every speed increase it can, it's therefore better to use the fastest SSD for the OS.

sig01.png