Sign in to follow this  
Jack_Sawyer

Fuel light on.

I am making a flight in FSX, KSEA to PANC.

Everything is up to date as far as updates go.

I am using a -800.

I loaded cold and dark and started the engines but no matter what switch positions I have the fuel pumps at I always get a fuel light on the push button light.

I flew a couple of flights the other day where the engines were already running and no fuel light.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks.

Jack.

Jack Sawyer

The push button light means you need to look to the overhead panel and fix a problem. Were there ANY orange lights up there?

Brian Nellis

No, not a one. I finally figured out how to search on this forum with my iPad, I found out it's probably the panel state and it looks like I'll have to somehow delete the C&D state and shut down the plane and somehow save a new C&D state.

That's one thing I have to figure out now but I want to finish this long flight. It's an OOM test as I just bought some Orbx stuff, Pacific NW, Global base, among others.m so far so good with other planes but this is the most sophisticated so we'll see what happens.

Now, if someone could just gently tell me how to delete and save panel states I'll be happy.

Jack

Jack Sawyer

Now, if someone could just gently tell me how to delete and save panel states I'll be happy.

Very simple.  Set up the aircraft in the desired configuration then use the FMS CDU PMDG Options to select SAVE Panel. It will prompt for a name and you're done.  Also, this type of information is in the Introduction document complete with pictures.

Dan Downs KCRP

Well, I did that, I shut everything down.

Then I went to save panel state.

Created MYCLDDRK.

Then I loaded that state, started engines and I still have that fuel light despite a full load of fuel too.

And with all the pumps on, including the center, on the MFD I have an amber message that says 28.78 CONFIG.

I'm puzzled.

Thanks for helping me.

Jack Sawyer

The CONFIG indication (see QRH) means you have center fuel but center fuel pumps are not on.

If you have pumps on with that indication then you have an interesting problem.  First, you didn't mention that you have current version.  Your OC telling you your version is current?

There was a bug several versions ago that only affected a few with the fuel caution, it was fixed.  If you are current with the version then maybe you should submit a ticket to Product Support. Be sure to let us in the forum know what the guru's came up with for a fix.

Dan Downs KCRP

Ok, so here's what I did as an experiment.

Shut down the sim.

Restarted it and it loaded with the default panel state, everything running.

No FUEL light.

Shut down everything and restarted everything and no fuel light.

Loaded my saved CLDDRK panel state and started everything and FUEL light.

It appears I am NOT current, two updates needed. Do I have to uninstall first?

Hate to ask twice but do I need to uninstall first for the two needed updates? I thought I was current but I was not.

Jack Sawyer

Right, well, this is what I just did. I uninstalled everything.

Downloaded the newer versions, added my old liveries and the AOA liveries.

Set up the plane the way I like it and set it to NGX Default.

Then shut it all down and created a new saved panel state and aved it over my old one.

Loaded the one I just created and started engines and now fuel light is off.

But I'm not really sure of what I did.

I will have to do some more testing.

Question:

Is is possible to DELETE saved panel states?

I can't seem to figure out a way to delete them through the CDU. Can it be done?

Thanks.

Jack

Jack Sawyer

And why, when I load a PMDG tutorial flight do I still have lights on with the switches off and no N1 engine section?

I thought they were going to fix this.

Jack Sawyer

If center tanks are empty, but center pumps are on, you will get a fuel warning.  Turn center pumps off.

Jeff Callender

Is is possible to DELETE saved panel states?

I can't seem to figure out a way to delete them through the CDU. Can it be done?

You can't delete them from the CDU. You can delete them in Windows though. Go to your root FSX folder and navigate to:

FSX/PMDG/PMDG 737 NGX/PanelState

This folder contains the PMDG supplied states plus all user saved panel states (including any made by saving flights). Each saved panel state has two files, *.FMC and *.SAV. Delete both files and the saved panel state is gone.

The problem you described with the FUEL caution was in the first update that included an FSX-SE version and corrected in subsequent versions.

And why, when I load a PMDG tutorial flight do I still have lights on with the switches off and no N1 engine section?

I thought they were going to fix this.

I think the tutorial flight may now load an out of date panel state which may mess things up. You'll have to load the tutorial flight then load the appropriate panel state from the CDU.

ki9cAAb.jpg