Sign in to follow this  
Selcuk73

AI Traffic for Prepar3d is released!

These guys take others peoples model's, paints, and plans then rename the files etc and call it their own work

This statement would make sense if they would distribute the same models under a different name and with some (minor/major) changes for the same purpose. They are not. Sorry, but for me this makes a big difference. Yes, I agree that it is illegal and unethical to take, use and redistribute other people's work without permission. But, this case is quite different from what I consider and what is normally considered as "piracy".

and you people supporting it don't see the problem? It's blatant piracy in every way.

With all due respect, please stop suggesting that those who disagree from the main view here are "supporting" piracy. This is pretty unfair. Just as appealing to authority and asking for the mods to lock the thread after one gave his own allegedly "final" statement. I think we can have a fair and honest discussion about this matter here without using such unfaithful means. Edited by firehawk44
Suspended for 7 days for advocating use of products developed by others without their permission.

They have taken other peoples work WITHOUT permission or consent and redistribute it under their own names and tiles.  It's piracy in it's simplest form and shouldn't be tolerated. That's fair and honest and most importantly, true.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

They have taken other peoples work WITHOUT permission or consent and redistribute it under their own names and tiles.  It's piracy in it's simplest form and shouldn't be tolerated. That's fair and honest and most importantly, true.

Axiom. It's true because it's true.

With all due respect, please stop suggesting that those who disagree from the main view here are "supporting" piracy. This is pretty unfair. Just as appealing to authority and asking for the mods to lock the thread after one gave his own allegedly "final" statement. I think we can have a fair and honest discussion about this matter here without using such unfaithful means.

What's to discuss? They are repacking someone else's work and redistributing it without the owners permission, which by definition is piracy. You even agree it's illegal and unethical, but yet you want to discuss it or try to make it seem like it's not as bad as what it is.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Permision of owner was not given or asked for.

But for the work of some one else there would not be a product.

Anyone trying to then legitimise that this practice while unfair is not strictly stealing is supporting piracy and theft.

When you guys have quite finished waving your appendages at each other, can someone who's actually used this say if it's any good and worth bothering with please?

Edited by firehawk44
Ability to post topics removed for a couple of days. AVSIM has a strict prohibition of piracy in any form. It is nothing to joke about here at AVSIM.

When you guys have quite finished waving your appendages at each other, can someone who's actually used this say if it's any good and worth bothering with please?

You're missing the point. It's stealing.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

That's like asking if i download a pirated version of a aircraft does it work and said aircraft is "free" also

This "product " is piracy if you don't get that then....well.......

About the "borrowing" a car.....please how bad of a e.g was that dear me, if someone "borrowed" my car and I found them they would need a ride in an ambulance for there next journey.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

I am guessing Jim must be out playing golf,

Cannot believe a thread with so many folks blatantly supporting piracy has stayed open this long. I am glad to see so many can actually see where this package is Pirated software and at the same time saddened by the few who's value systems seem at odds with Avsims stance against software piracy.

Just use WOAI instead, those guys actually got permission to put their packages together.

Thanks to everyone who explained to OP and others about stealing other developers products.  AVSIM does not condone piracy in any form.  Trying to justify the stealing of others hard work will not be allowed here.  Topic locked.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10