Sign in to follow this  
mikjet

HUD blank P3Dv2.5

I just noticed that the HUD is blank and not displaying anything in P3D.  Worked fine for in FSX.   Anyone has that problem?

Michel.

Muchel, full names in the PMDG forums please.

Yes, this problem was in a thread just a couple of days ago but I don't recall if the OP provided their fix.  Most likely problem for you is missing font files for the HUD, which if you are still loaded in FSX it should be easy to compare folders and see who's not at the party.

Dan Downs KCRP

Ahh, makes sense.  My comm screen is also messed up with fairly big text which I found weird.  Now it all comes together.     I could not find anything in the threads.   do we know which fonts is missing?   I'll take a look around see if I can come up with anything and search the forum again.

Thank you,

Michel Bitton

You might have success by simply running the installer and selecting REPAIR.  That should put the font files back in the font folder that are missing.... also, I've not had this but others have mentioned that they have to put the font files in the P3D/Fonts folder in the Windows/Fonts folder... just mentioning it in case it helps you.

Please report back what you find to fix it.

Dan Downs KCRP

Repair does not fix the issue.  I do not believe it is a PMDG font since all of them beginning with PMDG are there for both 777 and NGX.

so I have to assume it is using something else I have no idea which one.   will wait for PMDG to fix this. 

Michel Bitton

will wait for PMDG to fix this.

You opened a trouble ticket, right?  Just checking, don't want you waiting for a fix if a trouble is not reported and the only way to report a problem to PMDG is via trouble ticket.   Sure, they watch for forum and they have one guy who acts as primary moderator but the trouble ticket is the way to go.

Dan Downs KCRP

Also, check that on the Hud Control Panel the CLR (clear) button has not been toggled off .

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

Update:   Uninstalled and reinstalled (repair does not fix the problem)   and HUD is working again.   

Michel Bitton

KFLL and KFXE