Sign in to follow this  
757 Fanatic

OOM issue at only 2.5GB VRAM

I've been testing my VRAM consumption in P3D using ORBX Global+England, Rex Soft Clouds, Aerosoft Heathrow and Aerosoft Airbus X. I start by taking off at Manchester, flying down the East coat of the UK to the Thames estuary. I noticed flying out to the ocean decreases my VRAM consumption. It went from around 2,000GB flying inland, to around 1.8Gb and decreasing the further I fly away from ORBX England scenery. I turned east, and fly down the Thames Estuary, and noticed that my VRAM quickly increased from 2,000 to 2,300GB. Before I reached London, P3D was OOM at only 2,500 GB used. I've done this route two times now, and both times this happens. I thought P3D had 4K to play with? Why the OOM so early? I couldn't even reach London with Heathrow in my sight! 

How do you measure your vas - consumption? If you just look at the task manager you will see the wrong numbers (they are much lower than the actual size). You have to use either process explorer (virtual size enabled) or a registered version of fsuipc.

Btw, you need a 64bit system to use all the 4Gb vram. A 32bit system will crash already with 3....

Regards,
Chris Volle

i7700k @ 4,7, 32gb ram, Win10, MSI GTX1070.

Also note vram and vas are different. VRAM is how much video ram your graphics card is using.

Ups, i have a slip here too. Should be VAS at the end of my text. Thanks for pointing that out!

Regards,
Chris Volle

i7700k @ 4,7, 32gb ram, Win10, MSI GTX1070.

...from what you say it sounds like a Scenery/Aircraft problem.

Perhaps deselect all the mentioned scenery and try a Default Aircraft. Then introduce each scenery in turn giving it a try with the DA...if all runs well then perhaps the Airbus is the problem. If a scenery is the cause then you will be able to isolate it.

Play around and see how it all goes is the only way to find the cause and hopefully a solution. Bear in mind that Heathrow is notorious for pushing the limits.

Arnie....if it ain't broke, don't fix it...