Sign in to follow this  
Jive1

FS9 Menu - find start position

Hey!

I've never seen this before....

Since this morning, I cannot alter the starting position of my aircraft in FS9. There is only the possibility to place the aircraft at the active runway, and not one other position can be chosen to place my aircraft.

What could possibly be the origin why?

Jive1 - Belgium

.......at which airport ?

If you have removed or badly edited an AFCAD you can get what you are experiencing.

Peter Schluter

Hey!

Thank you for your reaction.

It happens at any airport, since I installed this morning Fly-Tampa LOWW At any airport now I cannot put my aircraft at other place but active runway.

Jive1 - Belgium

Hey!

I have new information....

Up to now after installing Fly Tampa LOWW, I tried, as a first action, to posistion my aircraft at some place at LOWW, without succes, and even thereafter I could not place my aircraft at some place away from the active runway, and that was so at any airport.

Now...

First I removed the LOWW scenery, and I noticed that I was now able to place my aircraft anywhere, but not in a Austrian place away from the active runway. At any airport in Austria I was only able to place my aircraft at active runway. And from that moment onwards I could even also not place my aircraft away from the active runway in none of all the airports of the world.

But...

As long as I did not, after restarting FS9, try to place my aircraft somewhere in Austria, at all other places in the world it was just normally as it should be possible to set my aircraft at any desired place.

But not, as I said,in Austria....

Strange, indeed. But how must I explain this phenomenon, and how can I repair this error?

Greetz

Jive1 - Belgium

Hey!

More information....

When I start FS9, even now after having uninstallef that LOWW scenery, and I start at LOWW active runway, the aircraft is positioned at N89* 30.00' E0* 9.99' +100000 right in the Atlantic ocean. The position indication N89* 30.00' E0* 9.99' +100000 is given in the little window which should normally show the selected location...

Greetz

Jive1 - Belgium

I've checked all items about Vienna on the Fly Tampa forums, but none of them speeks of a similar error. So I think that it is not really a Fly Tampa-error, buth rather a incidental error which could occur elsewhere too. So I started a topic on this forum, and not on the Tampa forum...

Greetz

Jive1 - Belgium

It sounds like the Fly Tampa LOWW installer has replaced the default LOWW APxxxxxx.bgl file in the main Scenery/Eurw/scenery folder and the replacement has become corrupted. This would affect several other airports in the region as well as LOWW. If you open the default LOWW airport in ADE or AFX and go to Properties, the APxxxxxx.bgl number will be at the end of the file location field. The default .bgl will have been re-named .xxx or .bgx, remove the replacement and re-name the default back to .bgl.

Hey!

This seems to me a very good start to find the origin of the error....

It looks indeed as if the default AP952140 file with data of LOWW and several other Austrian airports is corrupt, but it has not been changed.

I have always a second set of FS9 files on my hard disk, and I copied the same  identical AP952140 from that spare set FS9 files to my actual set of FS9. Start FS9, and...Nothing changed.

However, I noticed at this occasion that if I just click a Afcad file, and ask with which program it must be opened, my Windows system tells that it must be opened with eighter Adobe Acrobat or with AFCAD. Acrobat is there as the first choice, and that is fault!

When I try to remove the Acrobat-option, it seems presently impossible, whereas adding AFX to the recommended programs to open the file seems presently impossible as well!

If FS2004 bases on eighter AFX or ADCAD to open one of the files of AP952140 then it might be evident that it cannot open LOWW because the Acrobat program is the first on line program that is recommended by Windows as the program to open eighter AP852140 and/or LOWW file of the scenery.

My conclusion would then be that I must try to remove Acrobat program and set AFX or AFCAD as the first recommended program to open LOWW.

If my conclusion is correct, than I will do this, but presebtly I don't know how to do that. I'n sarchin for solution now....

Greetz

Jive1 - Belgium

Leave acrobat alone, that is not the source of your problem. You should post on the FlyTampa forums.

Peter Schluter

Use an airport editor - AFCAD 2.1, ADE, AFX and open the airport from there.

Regards,

OK, I can do that, and besides, I  can open the parking spot when using the airport name or by using the city name.

But this phenomenon is unusual, I can not open the parking spot when I open the airport using the LLOW or so....

And at Fly Tampa forum they say it looks like an Afcad fault....

Greetz

Jive1 - Belgium

Before installing Flytampa LOWW did you have any other scenery/afcads installed for LOWW or other Austrian airports ? 

Are you using Ultimate Traffic ?

Where in your FS9 folder structure is the LOWW afcad ?

Is your FS9 patched to 9.1 ?

Peter Schluter

Hey!

Good morning!

There has been no other LOWW nor Austrian scenery installed before the Fly Tampa one. And I'm not using Ultimate Traffic, I can find  enough traffic on the net and much more realistic.

The LOWW scenery inclusive the LOWW afcad has been positioned in a separate folder above all other Austrian airports.

My FS9 has been patched to FS9.1, indeed!

Finally, I don't like that error, of course, but I can now help myself one or another way. However I'm well trying to know what caaused this error.....

So, please, if somebody has suggestions to try to solve the problem, that would make me happy!

Thanks and

Greetz

Jive1 - Belgium

Hey!

Good morning!

There has been no other LOWW nor Austrian scenery installed before the Fly Tampa one.

The LOWW scenery inclusive the LOWW afcad has been positioned in a separate folder above all other Austrian airports.

Jive1 - Belgium

Those two statements do not reconcile ?

Peter Schluter