Sign in to follow this  
Driver170

Flight Deck Access System Test

No. You need access to the keypad to really perform an operational check of the system.

Basically, if it's at all related to getting access to the flight deck, we don't model it. That's a security issue.

Kyle Rodgers

Basically, if it's at all related to getting access to the flight deck, we don't model it. That's a security issue.

Did you read the Germanwings preliminary Report? The access system is described there in detail. The Report is avilable for the public. Also, there are several Youtube videos explaining the mechanism. This is really no secret anymore.   

Did you read the Germanwings preliminary Report? The access system is described there in detail. The Report is avilable for the public. Also, there are several Youtube videos explaining the mechanism. This is really no secret anymore.

The fact doesnt indemnify pmdg against possible liability. Legalities aside, the simming experience would be minutely enriched if you were able to perform the check; that's what I think.

Brian Nellis

And the people who are sharing that knowledge can shoulder the burden of that action. We do not model the new cockpit doors for reasons related to security.

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/407425-a-simple-request/?p=2666914#entry2666914

There are YouTube videos on how to hack computers, too, but that doesn't mean it's proper info to be sharing.

Sign your posts.

Kyle Rodgers

I disagree with the hacking part Kyle, I've read many books, slideshows, exam guides and videos on hacking because I work in IT security and have built secure systems. It's a double-edge sward. I have to know how to hack, in order to prevent.

That being said, I can see why you don't implement it. Partially I guess you wouldn't get full information for how it worked from a systems perspective, and partially it keeps you safe (PMDG I mean). I'm sure it was the missing Malaysian Airlines incident, a news crew uncovered the pilot used a PMDG plane and they where speculating that of course he must be behind it because what pilot would fly a plane when it got home, which made me laugh. But considering it doesn't add anything it's probably not worth it. One thing I would have liked, was when the FA came with my drinks in FS2Crew, that she could only enter if I clicked the door access to open. But I'm just being a bit silly with that one :)

I agree it would be useless to simulate the cockpit door. There is no point in investing ressources into that. However, what I find wrong is to argue with security. I am studying aviation engineering, there are thousands of photographs of airplanes and videos in the internet, and then once a flight attendant told not to make pictures of the equipment due to security reasons. A picture of an overhead bin is a security concern? Come on! I don't have to study this subject for years for a flight attendant to tell me i shouldn't make a picture of the cabin.

Door mechanisms are a more sensible topic of course. But even those are not a secret. We shouldn't make such a fuss about it. Airplanes have cockpit doors which can be locked. Wow, who ever thought that? :lol: 

But you have your reasons, no need to discuss that.