Sign in to follow this  
Driver170

LUA dynamic frictions!

What is this? Has anyone done this mod? Just found it out recently why didn't PMDG fix this issue?

Vernon Howells

What is this? Has anyone done this mod? Just found it out recently why didn't PMDG fix this issue?

I use it and think it is fantastic. It allows for realistic single engine taxi procedures which the FS2Crew Reboot is going to support out of the box. 

It is my understanding that it just makes the known friction issues in FSX to be more realistic. You no longer have to unrealistically fight the airplane while on one engine.

Nice! What actions did you do to get it running? If you don't mind :D

Vernon Howells

LUA script is for FSUIPC registered users.

To patch friction u have to add line 'PatchSIM1friction=Yes' to [General] section of FSUIPC.ini file

Artur 

LUA script is for FSUIPC registered users.

To patch friction u have to add line 'PatchSIM1friction=Yes' to [General] section of FSUIPC.ini file

No, you use either the PatchSim1friction option *or* the dynamicfriction LUA script.  The patch option changes the table globally for all planes and under all conditions.  The LUA script changes the coefficients only at low speeds so that taxi behavior is more realistic, and keeps the side-friction coefficients at all times to improve steering behavior.  If you want the finer control of the Dynamic Friction LUA script you do not use the PatchSim1Friction option.

Regards

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

dynamicfriction LUA script -  i placed this file in modules, but i read you delete some entries within this file ?

Vernon Howells

No, you use either the PatchSim1friction option *or* the dynamicfriction LUA script. The patch option changes the table globally for all planes and under all conditions. The LUA script changes the coefficients only at low speeds so that taxi behavior is more realistic, and keeps the side-friction coefficients at all times to improve steering behavior. If you want the finer control of the Dynamic Friction LUA script you do not use the PatchSim1Friction option.

Regards

What Bob said is correct. I believe it only affects friction below 25 knots. You copy and paste it in the modules folder and add the dynamic friction line to the text file.

You copy and paste it in the modules folder

so your not removing anything from inside that file ?

Vernon Howells

so your not removing anything from inside that file ?

No!  It was written up by a FSUIPC user and sent to Pete who included in a bundle.  You can tweak it or remove what you want, but it's pretty well good as it is.

Like Bob mentioned, you must use only one Friction LUA file.  I use the dynamic file as it does not affect aircraft once you get over 30kts...it only works during taxi and does not affect takeoff run that has been programmed by the developer.

To get it running, put the "DynamicFriction.lua" in your modules folder.

In your FSUIPC.ini file, add the lines:

[Auto]

1= Lua DynamicFriction

This will start the LUA script once FSUIPC initializes.

That's it.  Easy Peasy.

Devin Pollock
CYOW

BetaTeamB.png

Ok i done that. But at max GW i just need to touch my levers and the acft taxis quite quick? That cant be right?

Vernon Howells

Mine doesn't do that.  When I'm at max GW, the NGX just sits there at idle.  I need about 31-32% N1 to get moving and small blips of power to keep moving.  At low GW, once I'm rolling, it keeps rolling at idle power.

Are you using the DynamicFriction.lua file included with FSUIPC?

Is PatchSim1friction off (or not present) in your FSUIPC.ini (Both can't run together)

Other than that, you can play with the friction co-efficients to get them to suit your needs. (I have no experience in this.  Sorry).

Devin Pollock
CYOW

BetaTeamB.png

It seems with me it takes about 24-26 to get moving. I will test again tonight and see but i'm positive it doesn't take 31 32 like yours.

However if i delete wheel rolling in that module its fine it takes alot more power to get it moving

Yeh i'm using that file

Vernon Howells

It seems with me it takes about 24-26 to get moving. I will test again tonight and see but i'm positive it doesn't take 31 32 like yours.

However if i delete wheel rolling in that module its fine it takes alot more power to get it moving

Yeh i'm using that file

Could i ask for a copy or a peek at your files? been trying to get the friction right with the ngx but she starts moving way too fast for being so heavy. As I experienced in the real NG (In cockpit) you will need at least 30-35% to get get rolling and nearly 40-42% to pick up speed relatively fast

Could i ask for a copy or a peek at your files? been trying to get the friction right with the ngx but she starts moving way too fast for being so heavy. As I experienced in the real NG (In cockpit) you will need at least 30-35% to get get rolling and nearly 40-42% to pick up speed relatively fast

Same boat as you. Starts rolling about 24 when fully loaded. I'm on holiday just now will send my file on sunday.

Vernon Howells