Sign in to follow this  
Driver170

LUA dynamic frictions!

Same boat as you. Starts rolling about 24 when fully loaded. I'm on holiday just now will send my file on sunday.

I find it very strange for a such heavy aircraft to start roll at a n1 of 24%, if u ever find a solution let me know. Enjoy your Holiday!  :smile:

I actually had the script and found the 777 taxied on idle, which is unrealistic. I deleted the script and the taxiing seems normal in the 777.

spacer.png

MSI Codex 5 10SC-262UK Desktop PC - Intel Core i7-10700, RTX 2060 Graphics, 16GB RAM, 2TB HDD, 256GB SSD.

Me too maybe its a FSX limitation.

Thanks!

The whole thing is a bug in FSX. They either used incorrect friction numbers or entered the data incorrectly and didn't test it. The patch fixes this rather well. The problem arises because PMDG also adjusted their model to overcome the friction problem. Part of which is a higher thrust at low speeds. So now you have correct, reduced, friction but with excess thrust. Probably best to disable the friction fix when using PMDG sims. It's a shame as the friction fix also improves contaminated runway simulation, something the thrust increase cannot do.

ki9cAAb.jpg

Microsoft were terrible at making FSX full stop!

So kevin, you think i should get rid of FSUIPC entrys altogether then?

Vernon Howells

Microsoft were terrible at making FSX full stop!

They got a great deal right, but sadly a few key things very wrong, this being one of them.

So kevin, you think i should get rid of FSUIPC entrys altogether then?

Not completely because they may be more applicable to other addons. But if you only use the NGX then you probably don't need them active, in dry conditions at least.

That being said, I have used the default (non-LUA) FSUIPC friction adjustment with no problems with PMDG sims. You might want to try that rather than the dynamic LUA version. My opinion is that if you can use the friction mod then it's best to do so. If it's giving you trouble then disable it.

The other thing would be to check that you don't have both the default FSUIPC adjustment and the dynamic LUA adjustment active in the INI file at the same time. As stressed by Bob Scott in post #6. This will make things worse.

ki9cAAb.jpg

Thanks for the input kevin. I only use the PMDG 737NGX. So i should get rid of the Dynamic LUA and try the default? But what is exactly the defauly entry?

Can't mind from the top of my head with using PMDG friction, but does it take more than 24 N1 to get her moving at max GW?

Vernon Howells

Is this included with FSUIPC as a download or where can I find the files?

It's included in the Lua Package:

http://forum.simflight.com/topic/68257-latest-lua-package-for-fsuipc-and-wideclient/

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

Thanks for the input kevin. I only use the PMDG 737NGX. So i should get rid of the Dynamic LUA and try the default? But what is exactly the defauly entry?

Can't mind from the top of my head with using PMDG friction, but does it take more than 24 N1 to get her moving at max GW?

As stated earlier in the thread add line 'PatchSIM1friction=Yes' to [General] section of FSUIPC.ini file. Disable the LUA mod first.

I can't remember. Best to do a before and after test for yourself to compare the effect.

ki9cAAb.jpg

Ok done some testing. Can't really tell the difference between the SIMPATCH and LUA dynamic. But i do notice with one of the mods enabled my 737NGX doesn't slow down during taxi as much as without the mod.

But i'm still noticing it only takes 24% to get her moving with or without the mod?

Vernon Howells

But i'm still noticing it only takes 24% to get her moving with or without the mod?

I've just tried the -800 with MTOW. As you say it moves at about 24% N1 (no friction mods). You need about 30% for a useful acceleration though.

As it wasn't the friction mod causing it to move at 24% N1 then it's worth keeping it installed for the contaminated runway improvements.

ki9cAAb.jpg

So i suppose its a FSX limitation with it moving at 24% ?

I'll add back the Dynamic lua! Thanks for testing.

Vernon Howells

team

as a side note, adding in fsuipc.ini (rather than in the general part)

[Auto.Profile Name]
1= Lua DynamicFriction

as appropriate it limits use of the lua to aircraft in the profile ... just as it does keys etc.

for now, cheers

john martin

So i suppose its a FSX limitation with it moving at 24% ?

Indirectly. It's because of PMDG's work to overcome an FSX limitation (excessive friction). It's all a compromise and I assume this was the optimal solution.

ki9cAAb.jpg