Sign in to follow this  
rogwen

Pelee Island CYPT

I have just imported into SceneryGenX the default FS9 scenery for Pelee Island CYPT, as the basis for making a new scenery. I have never before seen such a mess, that could never work for AI, or for atc instructions, and for which Bill Gates wanted me to pay money. A runway taxi line along the edge of the runway instead of in the middle; taxiways that overlap the runway but are not joined to it; taxiways that are not even joined to each other!!??

Looking forward to your update on this Roger. It's really great seeing you hit the Ontario airports again. :good:

Cheers,

Pete

I have never before seen such a mess

You got me curious so I opened CYPT  with ADE just to see for myself. To say that MS failed to check their work would be an understatement. I have seen a few others like this one and I've always thought that they were the product of someone he didn't like their job or the janitor sneaked in and did an airport or two at 3 am. I guess I'll fix it now that I'm looking at it.

Regards,

I just finished a new version of CYPT along with a series of airfields in south Ontario.

I would imagine that a lot of the original airport creation was automated.

To say that MS failed to check their work would be an understatement.

I seriously doubt they checked each and every one of the 24k airports, especially those with no traffic.

regards,

Joe

The best gift you can give your children is your time.

sigbar.gif

Which "Pete" is that?

The Canuck that's been emailing you the last few days. Great job on CYPT. I was watching an AI taxi and he made the turnaround at the end of the runway through the grass and not the tarmac turnaround area if that means anything.

It means I couldn't get the 2005 version to import into GenX succesfully, so I had to make the updates to the original with AFCAD! So I couldn't do what I normally do in GenX, which is put closely spaced taxipaths on the narrow runway and control how planes turn around. Also, some planes are anyway wired differently and will just turn around when they finish their landing roll without going to the far end of the runway; watch the Mooney land, I think it does that. I also couldn't put a centre path to the gravel runway without other complications, so AI will only use the asphalt runway. And then after I finished I found that the original 2005 wasn't around to be downloaded!?!

If I had known all that before I started I would have just made my own version from new, but having spent the time and got something that I am ok with I stopped. That's the end of this subject. I think Chatham will be next.

Don't take that as a complaint from me Roger, just an observation. I'm totally happy with it! Looking forward to Chatham. You crank out the airports like nobody's business!