Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

The things we easily take for granted...

...right now, I'm in an FS9 flight between KMYR and KFNT...and in interacting with MyTraffic for FS9, and more importantly, the A.T.C. Microsoft module, AND...the fact that Xplane has NEVER had a truly RL A.T.C. experience for the user...boy, can we take the A.T.C. Microsoft coding for sheer granted!  

Too bad that Laminar can't seem to write the same-feature A.T.C. interaction for Xplane. It's been so long, in the asking, I truly don't believe that it will every come to realization.  We have had the M.S. version for as far back as FS95 (where I jumped onboard with M.S.).

Also, too bad, that Laminar Research could not license and convert the code for usage inside Xplane.  Such a loss for we Xplane users.

I would love to see a package such as MyTraffic for use with Xplane...but could forego that, if we had a truly decent, life-like A.T.C. experience/interaction, that we have had for years via the Microsoft franchise.  

Just sayin'....and back to the FS9 flight...

"Westjet 143, traffic, Boeing 737 at FL220, three miles...report traffic in sight..."

"We have the traffic, Westjet 143..."

Really, too bad.....

Ses

Have you tried RC 4 in X-Plane? It works very well with the new  plugin

No, actually, I have not.  

I used RC4 years ago, for M.S.

Is it that level of the same experience...will it vector you, as you file your plan?

Also, is there any major hit on Xplane/System resources?

Post Edit: I just did a youtube search...and see that it's not actually an Xplane 'version' of RC4...it's still written for M.S. injection, but the plug-in will liaison with Xplane.  Ok...

Mitch

I agree a better ATC system for X-plane would be nice. Never cared for the way it worked in FS9 or FSX, but it was better than nothing.

However, RC4 was a game changer for Microsoft Flight sim for me and now that it works in XP, I'm A happy camper.  Unfortunately,  for me ,JDTLLC does not have a record of my purchase od RC4 back in 2010, despite my having copies of my receipt. I am stuck with having to buy it again. serves me right for not backing up my original download.

As for AI traffic, I know that's high on many peoples list. Its not even on mine. Id rather devote those resources to a higher frame rate. Seeing other planes flying around does nothing for my immersion in siming.

Rob