Sign in to follow this  
BrettT

FTX Region Questions

Hi,

I purchased the FTX PNW region and installed on a recently purchased P3D 2.5.  P3D2.5   was working great before hand taking off out of Seattle getting fluid frames with almost everything pushed to the right (mid 20's to mid 30's with the lockheed F22).  After installing the FTX PNW it got stuttery and the frames dropped into the teens.

At the time I did not want to bother with trying to adjust sliders etc and looked at just uninstalling the FTX region.  I was surprised their wasn't an automated way in which to do this.  So I found a link on here which directed me to delete the ORBX folder and the PNW files from the scenery/world/scenery folder (I might have some details wrong here).  Perhaps I was missing something

After doing that, the P3D performance didn't seem to return to what it was before so I uninstalled P3D and reinstalled.

I would like to experience the FTX region but not being able to uninstall if needed.  I did notice that the freeware version of the Olymipic peninsula has an uninstaller for it so that it doesn't conflict if the payware version is purchased.  Is there something similar for the other regions or a generic uninstaller?  If not is there a definitive way in which to ensure that I can restore my P3d installation pre-FTX region without reinstalling P3D.

Finally any advice on getting a fluid performance from the FTX region scenery would be appreciated.  The pictures look fantastic!

My system is an i7-4790K (@4.0 GHz) and a GTX970. 

Thanks!

Thanks Dave!

Any advice on which sliders would typically have the biggest "bang for your buck" as far as dialing back.

Thanks again

I have the same system you do and have no problem running the FTX regions, locked at 60 fps and usually get 30 to 45 FPS pretty much everywhere.

Usually autogen has a big impact.

Cheers

Martin

Thanks Martin!  Ill probably reinstall it tonight.

Simbio,  I believe you have to be signed into the ORBX forum to see it otherwise it gives you the error.  Once i Signed in, it popped right up

Thanks Dave!

Any advice on which sliders would typically have the biggest "bang for your buck" as far as dialing back.

Thanks again

Autogen surely. 

Did you return to Default on FTXCentral before deleting the folders? T

Cheers :)

N.-

Yes, I returned to default before deleting.  Along those lines does returning to default  under ftxcentral disable the FTX region and return the system to P3D default?

I'm not looking to criticize any of the advice and it is much appreciated.  Just kind of surprised that auto-gen would have such a big impact as I am able to run autogen maxed out in default P3D and perhaps it is just my assumption that the autogen under FTX is just a replacement set

Thanks again for helping :-)

Autogen is a huge hit in performance, P3d much much more so than FSX. Many people when moving from FSX to P3d set their sliders similar to how they were in FSX and with the autogen especially you simply can't do that. Add in the extras that FTX regions brings to you sim and you need to adjust accordingly.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

Thanks Dave!  I also didn't realize that ORBX uses a denser Autogen than P3D or FSX so Dense in ORBX is probably closer to Ultra-Dense in vanilla.  I made the adjustments last night and am fairly happy!

Is the feeling that this is a limitation of the GPU or the CPU or a combination of both.  Presently have a GTX970 and a i7-4790K.  Note: I am just running two screens...one for the Main simulator and the other for a gauges panel via simplugins

P3D a two sliders for autogen.

You can use a stronger autogen for the vegetation which is better processed than the building autogen. I don't have any problem running the veggies at extremely level even in OrbX Alaska or PNW with HD Trees, on my 780ti (equivalent more or less to a 970).

I also set the building autogen on dense only because  theextremely dense level has a nasty tendency to create artifacts (vertical flashing lines) on many rigs, even if your GPU use is below 100% and the FPS still decent.

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam