Sign in to follow this  
awash2002

Low CHT temps

For some reason my CHT temps are only reading 163 degrees F could this be a bug?

Ive been staring at cockpit videos on youtube trying to see what engine gauges read for the same reason. I have noticed the engines seem to run cool in the sim, but I have been flying it in the UK with ASN and the clear videos are from the Caribbean!

The numbers are 168 degrees F

I mean, what is the typical CHT during taxi/climb/cruse/landing. 168F is sounds impossible unless it was water cooled!

I noticed this bug I have the saitek switch panel and even though the 404 does not have cowl flaps if the saitek switch was in cowl flaps open position the CHT was way low. it went up when i switched it off

C404 Titan adjustments

Hi,

First I would like to say that I am not a FSX developer or anything like that. I just think the Titan is too good to be sitting in my hangar unused.

So I went out to see if I could better the CHT situation. With the help of a free program called AirEd I found the CHT section and started to experiment. The settings shown here is by no means correct, I just chose them to see if I could get the temp up, and use most of the green arc on the instrument.

Under 541 Engine CHT I used:

CHT Scale Factor=1.100000

//This could possibly be slightly less but takes the temp almost to red after long climb.

CHT Cooling Factor=0.400000

//This is choosen to give low temp during long decent.

CHT Temp limit = 900.00000

// Not changed

CHT Rate of change=0.150000

//Chosen just to see faster changes.

Also, when I already had downloaded the AirEd program, I did a search of how to reduce the ground effect. I feel the Ground Effect is too high. I found references to Ground Effect in a curve called 400 dCl/dAoA vs Relative Hight - Ground Effect. I didn't find a way to edit it graphically, but I found a way to copy the content from another similar plane and replace the original one. I can now put it down where I aim every time.

These changes would make the plane much better.

What I would like to see is on of you with knowledge of real temps to find and post "realistic values" for the CHT. I think for the GE, we just have to replace the curve from a similar plane.

Thanks.

HI! That's some great news, the temps it's the single bug that the titan get bad simulation, nice eye candy but those TC engine temps.... need to be resuscitate! You can't send me the file with the modification? I can help with the test robertbk182@gmail.com

Regarding from Spain

Rb

You can't send me the file with the modification? I can help with the test

That would be great! I'll send what I currently have.

Please post real world temps if you have them.

Verbli 

Thanks for this great suggestion I followed your directions and now the gauge behaves much more realistically.

one wonders why Alebeo would not put out such an easy fix after all this time .

thanks again 

I contacted them about it. They said that the issues are known, and will be fixed in a future version of the plane. That includes the missing OAT gauge too.

C404 Titan adjustments

Hi,

First I would like to say that I am not a FSX developer or anything like that. I just think the Titan is too good to be sitting in my hangar unused.

So I went out to see if I could better the CHT situation. With the help of a free program called AirEd I found the CHT section and started to experiment. The settings shown here is by no means correct, I just chose them to see if I could get the temp up, and use most of the green arc on the instrument.
Under 541 Engine CHT I used:
CHT Scale Factor=1.100000
//This could possibly be slightly less but takes the temp almost to red after long climb.
CHT Cooling Factor=0.400000
//This is choosen to give low temp during long decent.
CHT Temp limit = 900.00000
// Not changed
CHT Rate of change=0.150000
//Chosen just to see faster changes.

Also, when I already had downloaded the AirEd program, I did a search of how to reduce the ground effect. I feel the Ground Effect is too high. I found references to Ground Effect in a curve called 400 dCl/dAoA vs Relative Hight - Ground Effect. I didn't find a way to edit it graphically, but I found a way to copy the content from another similar plane and replace the original one. I can now put it down where I aim every time.

These changes would make the plane much better.
What I would like to see is on of you with knowledge of real temps to find and post "realistic values" for the CHT. I think for the GE, we just have to replace the curve from a similar plane.

Thanks.

Can you tell me where the AirEd program can be found? Also, can you describe the steps you took to amend the CHT? I bought the Flight ! Air Wrench program but it only lists CHT limits, not rate of change. I'm trying to understand where the CHT Scale Factor can be found.