Sign in to follow this  
Bobsk8

Installed Orbx trees, any way to uninstall them?

I installed Orbx trees last night, and today I noticed on a long flight that my FPS which has been flawless since I got P3D is now kind of jittering around instead of staying right at 30FPS where I have it locked. I also notice that I see auto gen popping up, which I never noticed before. The thing I like about P3D the most is it's smoothness, and it looks like these trees have messed that up. Is there anyway to get back to the default trees? 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320,    Milviz C 310 ,  FSLTL  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    FSI Panel ,  ATC  by PF3  , A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS

Yes, just uncheck the relevant checkboxes in FTX Central.

Thanks,

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320,    Milviz C 310 ,  FSLTL  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    FSI Panel ,  ATC  by PF3  , A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS

My perfectly running P3D, after installing Orbx trees, now flies about 45 minutes, and starts stuttering and freezing and eventually shuts down with memory usage over 4 gigs. The fact that this software doesn't have an uninstall function and a save default  function in the installer is amazing. Now I have to run a batch file and hope everything in P3D goes back to normal  :mad:  :mad:

To add insult to injury, I found a script in the folder that Orbx installed on my PC along with a whole bunch of other files that I didn't ask for or want, which said it would uninstall the trees, I ran that, and it says the trees are gone. Now I look in the P3D scenery file and the trees are gone, but there is file after file opf other Orbx crap that is still there. How do they get away with changing the files  without asking the customer, and if a problem develops because of this the customer is screwed trying to fix it. I then went to their support forum, and guess what, their server is down...Unbelievable. 

very interesting thread..im here struggling how my p3d cannot keep vsync....and suddenly remember back in time when my copy of fsx, where installed ftxtrees, give same jittery stuttering lagging no matter what change in settings page.Now in p3d is the same thing..smooth as a fresh and warm danish butter for 5 seconds and another five seconds messed up stuttering "like a crack addict"(not my words, source from a user in far cry 4 forum) lol, even in a glider, no trees, clear sky in a middle of desert 0.o

i really dont understand whats going on in orbx trees..some transparency issue which maybe could cause some sort of memory leak?meh, return to default trees

thanks, just unticked ftx orbx trees hd, as a louisdecoolste instructions, and did the trick, some small stutters here and there, due to so much changes in settings, but seems all stuffs working normal as it should....but hey, if someone know how to complete eliminate those hd-stutters-trees totally, well, wiil be appreciated, just googled orbx uninstall issues but i cant find nothing "step by step" style :P

FTX Central 2,

Every one should be on ftx central 2 by now if you got orbx that is

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

No proven issue, no

I have trees hd on p3d and see no issues whatsoever. If anything, the performance is better allowing a notch higher on the vegetation autogen