Sign in to follow this  
ErichB

The correct way to uninstall P3D and addons?

HI all

I'm going to uninstall 2.4 for the 2.5 version. How does everyone else approach this?

How do I deactivate my P3D 2.4 version so that I don't have a problem activating my 2.5 version?

When uninstalling, do you first uninstall all of the addons via the Windows Control Panel and then uninstall P3D, or can you just ininstall P3D clean the registry, and reinstall everything again?  

I just uninstall P

How do I deactivate my P3D 2.4 version so that I don't have a problem

Go to where your P3D file is and run the installer "just like your going to install it" it will give you 3 options, repair, install or remove, click remove, this way you are deactivating your licence safely, when finished I always restart my computer. Go into your flight sim install drive and remove all the left overs. Do the same thing for ASN, PMDG and so on. I have a dedicated drive for P3D so I format it. I always go to my control panel/programs and make sure everything to do with the flight sim is gone. Go to your registery, click into software and manually remove all Lockheed Martin stuff. Restart computer. You Sir are now ready to rock and roll.

Guest JustanotherPilot

Uninstall instructions should be included with the install documentation with the package

I just uninstall PGo to where your P3D file is and run the installer "just like your going to install it" it will give you 3 options, repair, install or remove, click remove, this way you are deactivating your licence safely, when finished I always restart my computer. Go into your flight sim install drive and remove all the left overs. Do the same thing for ASN, PMDG and so on. I have a dedicated drive for P3D so I format it. I always go to my control panel/programs and make sure everything to do with the flight sim is gone. Go to your registery, click into software and manually remove all Lockheed Martin stuff. Restart computer. You Sir are now ready to rock and roll.

Cheers Elaine

erich

To get into your registery, click start, click into Run and type regedit into the box. Loads of bits and bobs in there to play with :)

When uninstalling, do you first uninstall all of the addons via the Windows Control Panel and then uninstall P3D

Yes. Remove all addons via windows uninstaller GUI. Then remove P3D via the same method. I did a clean reinstall of everything. Time consuming but worth it.

FlightSim UK - Live To Fly

FSUK.jpg