Sign in to follow this  
marcus300zx

Wait for the Phenom 300?

I need to look at replacing my Carenedo Phenom 100, due to it not having the range I require.  Basically my longest flight is 1,300 nm which the phenom can't do without a fuel stop.

I really like the plushness of the Phenom with its leather seats inc the pilots ones and its actually a nice plane to fly with cool looking instruments.

I have had a look what's currently about in the Bizjet market and can't find anything as plush.  I see Carenedo will soon launch the Phenom 300 so I will wait for this unless there maybe something else out there to fit my requirements?

Nobody else has responded so...

If the Carenado jets make you happy then, clearly, they have two new jets out.  Nobody else makes them as nice graphically.  If you don't want either of the two new ones then you could wait.  I've heard the FDEs are about the same and the systems are typical for Carenado...bugs and depth are similar to all of their other complex planes.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

IOW they're jets are pretty buggy. However, I've found some happiness in Bert's GTN mod for the recent Hawker jet...

Eaglesoft is doing a C560 as well

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I do love the look of the interior of the Phenom 100 and I always fly IFR so Navdata is not a major issue for me.  I did look at the other Carenedo Offerings and although Carenedo have done a fantastic job on the look of the planes, the ones they offer look dated compared to the New Modern Phenom. 

The 300 would just mean I can fly faster to my destination than I currently can in the 100.  Hopefully I wont get too impatient waiting and but the Hawker 850 as a stop gap.

and I always fly IFR so Navdata is not a major issue for me.

That makes no sense... if you fly IFR you'd want new navdata... to stay current with the latest RNAV (GPS) approaches and GPS fixes.  Maybe you meant to say you fly offline?  In that case I'd agree with you.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |