Sign in to follow this  
Bubi42

Saitek Throttle Quadrant problem

I recently had to reinstall FSX and now have a problem with the Saitek throttle quadrant (3 lever).

I'm finding that even after ensuring max sensitivity and zero null zone in the settings, there's no 'graduation' between nil power and full power. It's "all or nothing".

I've tested the quadrant successfully (i.e. on calibration screen, bar goes up and down correctly and stays in the mid position when the actual lever is in the mid position etc.).

I also have the CH Flightsim yoke set up and when I set the lever on the yoke to be 'throttle' (and disable the Saitek), the 'graduation' between no power and full power (and everything inbetween) works fine. So it's only the Saitek that seems to have setup issues...

Any help gratefully received....!

Thanks.

I'm sorry I don't really have a solution - what you've tried so far seems the right thing. One last possibility - do you have FSUIPC registered version? If so, you may find that calibrating it via FSUIPC might work.

I have three Saitek controls = X52 joystick and throttle system, Proflight Yoke and quadrant and the separate quadrant you mentioned. All 3 of them have faults that cause various problems. It seems like Saitek's quality control could use some major improvements... None of them lasted more than a year before becoming faulty... :huh:

Ian 

Thanks Ian

It seems that the actual unit isn't faulty as it appears to calibrate correctly (even 'inside' FSX).

As soon as the calibration is 'applied', FSX screws it up again.....

Make sure that you don't have any keys assigned to the throttle - I had the same problem and that was the cause. Also, make sure that your yoke throttle is definitely unassigned when using the Saitek throttle.

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

sometimes it's best to erase all joysticks in the registry and start over. Remote possibility that there's a conflict with some other joystick( hidden). Google it.

tony

Also check in FSX.cfg to be sure under controls that you DO NOT HAVE

Control_something I forget=Standard

What you want is

Controls_something I forget=Current

If it says standard FSX will continually revert to some idea of its own, where Current is whatever you just input.

As some others have said, I also think it's probably a control conflict. There is another axis mapped to the throttle.

Many thanks to all who responded.  Much appreciated.

Problem solved by deleting the FSX.cgf file and allowing the sim to create a new one...

Toni.