Sign in to follow this  
PilotPete99

iFly 737NG or PMDG 737NG?

Hello - I recently transitioned to P3D and, of course, am sorely missing my complex 737! Since I have only been a P3D user for a couple of weeks, I have spent some time trying to find comparisons between iFly and PMDG for the 737. I have not really been able to find anything, but was hoping someone can perhaps shed some light on these and help sway me in one direction or another. I already have every PMDG aircraft for FSX and love them, and additionally have the iFly 737NG for FSX as well. My pros and cons as of now: iFly offers 30 day guarantee (or at least I think they do but not 100% certain) and includes all 737 models at $10 less than the PMDG 800/900 pack. ON the other hand, PMDG makes awesome planes!!! However, $90 is fairly steep price tag since I was not a P3D user when the discount was originally offered. What should I do?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

Cheers, Pete

Pete Solov - Lake in the Hills 3CK

and Schaumburg Regional 06C
Proud AOPA Member - PPL 2001
Real World Piper Cherokee Pilot

That helps...brilliant.

I bought the iFly 737 when it first came out. Last year, I bought PMDG's. I'm never turning back. Everything about it feels better. Handling, sounds, FDE, and just they way it looks in general. I never used either in P3D because I just converted. I'm gonna spend another 80 bucks on a PMDG product lol. You won't regret it.

Agreed Phil, I did the exact same thing since I couldn't wait any longer for a complex 737. It drives me nuts that I "need" to spend another $90 on essentially the same aircraft, but I agree that in FSX the PMDG bird really set the standard. I would say I spend 75% of my FSX time in the PMDG 737 because it is simply the best plane in my hanger. I suppose it makes no sense to cut my nose off to spite my face, so I will likely take the plunge on the PMDG bird and suck it up in the end.

Cheers, Pete

Well David...I figured I would let some time pass and think about your state of mind, the state of mind that would lead you to such a well thought out response. After having given this some thought, it looks like perhaps I ruined your day with my original post. Everything was going swell and then...oh God...my post just dropped a black cloud over everything. Not to change the subject, but last Thursday I was informed that my Mom's cancer reappeared after having been in remission for over a year, not a joke. I actually said "Oh God, not again." Obviously there must be a correlation between this crisis and my question, which is certainly why you had no choice but to respond. I make my living as a CPA (Certified Public Accountant in case you are not familiar with the acronym). I have spent my entire career "searching" through the Internal Revenue Code, court cases, rulings, etc. I think I may know how to perform a search, but I can just defer to your expertise in this area. You could have been helpful and perhaps directed me to this topic (which I still have not found), but instead you chose to be condescending. I just don't understand why this type of interaction is necessary on a forum like this. I have been a member of this forum for close to 12 years, and as you will notice, don't post very often. Responses such as yours are a substantial part of why I don't post more. What is even more telling is that you have been a member of this forum for a grand total 4 months. I can only hope that one day we all treat our fellow aviation enthusiasts with respect, after all, we are all here for the same reason.

Cheers, Pete

I make my living as a CPA (Certified Public Accountant in case you are not familiar with the acronym). I have spent my entire career "searching" through the Internal Revenue Code, court cases, rulings, etc. I think I may know how to perform a search,

Evidence suggests otherwise

You are missing the point.....

Ok if you have both airplanes in fsx then you

All ready know the difference between the 2

As they are the same in fsx as pr3d.

Regards TED Kiser

Ok if you have both airplanes in fsx then you

All ready know the difference between the 2

As they are the same in fsx as pr3d.

^ ...what he said.

It really is that simple!

Fair enough...we can delete this thread now.

I have spent some time trying to find comparisons between iFly and PMDG for the 737. I have not really been able to find anything,

Really,, you mean that these two 737's have never been compared before ?,

Joking aside, they are both pretty much as they were in FSX but I only have experience with the PMDG in P3D and it probably had a bit of work done on it in the transition to P3D, The i-Fly is a straight port as far as I know and I have heard the the frames are not the greatest.

Are you kidding me???? I was referring specifically to P3d. I laugh at how you take that piece of my post and quote it to support your response, you know damn well what I was asking! As I stated in my original post, I have both the iFly and PMDG 737 for FSX for a couple of years now. Why in God's name would I need a comparison of the FSX versions? I literally just transitioned to P3D, so I thought perhaps there were differences with the P3d versions as compared to the FSX version, after all, they are charging full price for these items. I apologize for having a life and not having hours on end to search for this answer. This sarcasm is really unnecessary, I seriously can't believe this has to happen here. It keeps coming however. There are some good people on this forum and I am thankful for that, others find it necessary to take shots, it's very sad indeed.

Cheers, Pete

Pete,

There aren't any changes between the FSX and P3D versions of the NGX aside from the landing alt font being different in the P3D version.

So, you know what to expect if you decide to get the P3D version of the NGX.

If it were up to me, I'd go for the PMDG version without hesitation. Overall, PMDG just puts so much effort into the product that it's worth it to purchase another copy for P3D. I know my feature requests were not easy to implement, but they were added in at the end. That shows how much work goes into these updates to try and satisfy customers. PMDG for the win!

3HSAJHT.png

TFDi Design

Thank you Hank, that was exactly what I was looking for. My mind is made up and I will go the PMDG bird.

Cheers, Pete