Sign in to follow this  
AwesomeGuy375

Is money worth investing into Prepar3d?

So I'm relatively new to the forums, It was just an hour ago when i decided to make my account set up and communicate with people :P . But I've had this lingering question in my mind for a while now. So I'm an aspiring Pilot, I've flown a couple times and love aviation, but its so expensive to fly i rarely get to do it. I've seen these movie type videos go up on YouTube and just imagined how cool it would be to make my sim do that. But of course, There's always money involved :/. Now, I've already got some decent add-ons like the Captain Sim planes and Aerosoft Airbus X. As well as Rex Overdrive. But i know that there's a lot more like FTX Global and also PMDG aircraft that could knock it up a notch. I spend hours upon hours on Prepar3d since i bought it, and I'm just debating the idea on whether or not its really worth it to enhance it to such a degree. I just kinda want to hear other peoples' opinions on this subject because I'm sure some of you have these super-simulators, and id like to hear if you think it was worth the money or not. I was also kinda interested how accurate the PMDG aircraft and Aerosoft A320 were to the real flight dynamics of the real planes. I'm just trying to get the most accurate flight sim i can get. I also have FSX and X-Plane, so i also wanted to know if one of those are worth putting money into vs Prepar3d.

Thanks to anyone who replies, and have a great day  ^_^

OK, I'm a p3d user, its the first time in years I've been enjoying the Sim so much. I've been using msfs since the win95 days. I finally spent the big bucks and built my dream PC, spent money on ORBx, ASN, REX, Realair, Flysimware, a2a, and guess what? I don't regret any of it. I am an instrument rated ppl, unemployed, and can't afford to fly itrw, so stuck to the Sim I am. If you love flying and can't afford to get in a real plane, spend some time and money on a good Sim setup. I don't regret it, and I'm sure the rest of us here don't either. As for pmdg, you can't get a more real airliner, but you need the hardware to support it. For GA, a2a accusim products are dangerously realistic and addictive. My personal favorite is the Realair turbine duke v2. The Aerosoft airbus I've only spent a short time with, but it currently is the most immersive airbus out there. The same can be said about the majestic q400. If you want procedural study-level planes, all of these are for you. Yes, its worth it for me!

Thanks for your reply! I think I will invest! I'm really hoping to save up and try to get the PMDG 737 NGX!

You won't be dissapointed. Just make sure your hardware can handle it! Its VAS hungry, but if airliners are your thing then go for it, it will keep you busy for a while!

You won't be dissapointed. Just make sure your hardware can handle it! Its VAS hungry, but if airliners are your thing then go for it, it will keep you busy for a while!

I have an 17-4790k and a gtx 970 with 16gb of ram. Do you think that will be enough?

You're going to hear multitudes of input on this, some saying that FSX is better and some saying P3D. I've personally seen fantastic results (i.e. I've seen screenshots, I don't own P3D yet) with both. Just be careful about the cost of add-ons, some like PMDG require completely separate purchases for FSX and P3D, others like REX Essential (not REX 4) have a small fee for using the product with P3D (the REX Ess. fee is $4.99 one-time but you likely have already seen that).

Personally, until you make the plunge I think FSX is worth investing into. When set up correctly it is mind-blowing, so it's definitely not a waste of time.

And as for your specs...totally fine. :wink: That is quite enough to get fantastic results.

Hi,

am a 737 first officer with 3700hrs on type

been simming everyday till the day i was in a real 737 simulator for training , i must say its amazing in every aspect but one part (flight dynamics) t/o and landings in a real aircraft is quit different ,but thats not p3d or fsx fault ,even in the most advanced

real flight simulator u cant get the real feeling , otherwise PMDG is doing an amazing job with the 737 and 777 the failures

and procedures , autopilot behaviour they are very accurate and real it really helped me with my intial training and even now am using

it before my recurrent , am very happy p3d is there that if for any reason i stopped flying

i still hv something to hang on to satisfy my hobby

Dont regret spending money on your hobby it definitly worth it

enjoy

Yes.  There is more to come for P3D and will continue to improve.

Cheers, Rob.

I have an 17-4790k and a gtx 970 with 16gb of ram. Do you think that will be enough?

Short answer, yes, plenty. If fact I think those three parameters should be called "p3d standard". That setup seems very very popular. Its what I have, as well. I7-4790k currently at 4.9ghz, 16 GB GS Trident cl10 2400 ram, EVGA 970 gtx SSC.

I hope the OP isn't completely put-off by that licensing "reminder". Guess we can't have any fun without being reminded that big brother might be watching.

:Shame On You: :Talk to the Hand: :t0152:

NOT your business or place to police this thread. :p0305: :p0503:

No-one needs to justify their purchases to anyone here either!! What we do has NOTHING to do with anyone else.

We've been down this road so many times now, get a life!

+1

:Shame On You: :Talk to the Hand: :t0152:

NOT your business or place to police this thread. :p0305: :p0503:

No-one needs to justify their purchases to anyone here either!! What we do has NOTHING to do with anyone else.

We've been down this road so many times now, get a life!

So why are you policing this thread then? Telling people what to do or not do IS policing.

Some responses removed.  No P3D EULA discussions.

Cheers, Rob.

P3D + Orbx Global/Vector/OpenLC/Regions/Airports/HD Trees(as much Orbx stuff as as you can afford - build it over time) + Pilots FTX Mesh + Rex4 TD/Soft Clouds + Active Sky Next + MyTraffic Pro 6 + TrackiR + One or more of the following aircraft builders:

PMDG

A2A

RealAir

Majestic

These are "must-haves" and all running together equal a stunning flight-simming experience.   There are of course many, many other add-on makers who I did not list but are equal to the above.  My list boils down to: "If I don't have these installed in my sim I'm not interested."

You can also run FSX Steam side by side with P3D,  and many add-ons have installers for both sims.  A win-win situation.

C.

And Jim is on my case again..

Cease & desist please.. Stop trolling me.

As TTflyer says, the sims can run side by side, with scenery shared between them,so no duplicate installs. Install into one sim and get the other scenery library to add it.

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

You don't need to invest anything in Prepar3D. Lockheed Martin offers a 60 money-back guarantee.