Sign in to follow this  
AwesomeGuy375

Is money worth investing into Prepar3d?

I have an 17-4790k and a gtx 970 with 16gb of ram. Do you think that will be enough?

I think that's a safe bet :smile:

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

If you like ORBX Global, you can keep going and get FTX Vector and I also highly recommend FreemeshX to bring the world elevations into check.  Orbx also has North America and Europe freeware airport packs, they really add immersion and price is right!

So I'm relatively new to the forums, It was just an hour ago when i decided to make my account set up and communicate with people :P .

I had to check this out as our policy is to not allow anyone to post for five days after signing up.  As a reminder, you joined AVSIM in September 2014.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

I had to check this out as our policy is to not allow anyone to post for five days after signing up.  As a reminder, you joined AVSIM in September 2014.

Yea, I've read all the rules. The accounts old, but like i said, It was only a few days ago when i decided to start posting  ^_^

P3D + Orbx Global/Vector/OpenLC/Regions/Airports/HD Trees(as much Orbx stuff as as you can afford - build it over time) + Pilots FTX Mesh + Rex4 TD/Soft Clouds + Active Sky Next + MyTraffic Pro 6 + TrackiR ...

These are "must-haves" and all running together equal a stunning flight-simming experience.  .....

You can also run FSX Steam side by side with P3D,  and many add-ons have installers for both sims.  A win-win situation.

C.

There is a long list of stuff that "can be installed" and yet hardly are "must-haves"..

I would say, choose either FSX or P3D, they are both good.

Secondly, decide what kind of airplane you would like to fly... If you are aspiring to be a pilot,

maybe starting with a training airplane like the a2a Cherokee might be more true to life than a 737..

Then again, if you want to jump into airliners, then the PMDG 737NG would be the airplane to get.

Bert

Yea, I've read all the rules. The accounts old, but like i said, It was only a few days ago when i decided to start posting  ^_^

There is a long list of stuff that "can be installed" and yet hardly are "must-haves"..

If your looking to invest in the PMDG 777 - it runs way better in P3D than fsx - that was the end of fsx for me stutter city with 777 now it works great - not to mention it takes days to install fsx from the disks - P3D one exe happy days - installs in a fraction of the time - that fact alone is worth the price of admission - oh did I mention fsx will never be updated again - steam addition - dont get me started on that lol 

Rich Sennett

i stepped up to a 5820k at 4.6 ghz across all cores from a 4790k, 2 gtx 970's in sli, 16 gigs of ddr4 2800 mhz ram,3 512 ssd's dedicated to p3d, and xplane, and now a m.2 ssd with 2200 mbps write and 1500 mbps read and a 28 inch 4k on order,i used the single 4790k and gtx 970 fine with p3d but if you want 4k you need more push behind it,so keep that in mind if you plan on upgrading your monitor in the future.as stated above p3d is so much better,but the darn vas drives me crazy,i will be bouncing off the ceiling if a fix to 64 bit or at least some way to discard the vas better,i just want to be able to do long flights with all my expensive addons installed.