Sign in to follow this  
Guest Mik75

Which tweak would you consider "essential"?

With Hyperthreading enabled PCs, an AM is mandatory for FSX and P3D.

However, FSX-SE ignores the AM and places its primary threads to avoid sharing the logical processors of the same core with HT=On, no jobsheduler section required. FSX-SE also circumvents other problems inherited from host affinity, since FSX-SE always shows an AM=0 (all logical processors enabled), and improves the situation when FSX-SE starts other addons.

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

With Hyperthreading enabled PCs, an AM is mandatory for FSX and P3D.

However, FSX-SE ignores the AM and places its primary threads to avoid sharing the logical processors of the same core with HT=On, no jobsheduler section required. FSX-SE also circumvents other problems inherited from host affinity, since FSX-SE always shows an AM=0 (all logical processors enabled), and improves the situation when FSX-SE starts other addons.

Hyperthreading is bad for o/c-ed CPUs anyway, I have it always off.

I always thought the FIBRE tweek was only a P3D thing. I've added it but not sure if I see any differences at UK2000 EGLL. But, I'll do a flight and see where we go

You could try FSX-SE and may see smoother performance.  I think Steam has a big sale on this weekend.  Other than that the only thing left is buying a faster processor and upgrading the video card.

I'll have to second that.  I've used both boxed FSX and FSX:SE and have found that as far as stability is concerned, FSX:SE doesn't crash.  I did a test the other day with my new rig and flew the carenado C206 from PAJN to PAHO, which came out to around 4 hours (almost ran out of fuel too) and the whole flight was smooth.  After exiting the flight, no errors or crashes.

I have used the typical tweaks as stated above with nothing else added.  The real kicker here:  I fly on a laptop.  My new rig is custom, so I made sure all the hardware was as beefy as possible and so far, I am impressed.

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

2 pints of lager really helps me to ignore any stutters or low fps issues and no cfg editing required. Essential tweak for me. 

hahah brilliant! A few beers really makes flying just that little bit smoother. However, finding it hard to pronounce your words right after 4 cans of Stella can make things interesting!

Guest Mik75

Lol, yeah, a bit of alcohol can be the solution for so many things... ;-)

The very cheap price of FSX SE surely looks appealing, but I just installed my FSX Accelearation from the scratch, so I guess that won´t be an pption...

The hat switch stopped working after spilling tea over my yoke, would beer be a better solution? :BigGrin:

I've ordered a six pack for a trial run...