Sign in to follow this  
alexczarn

Sydney by FlyTampa

Two years waiting, it's finally here, and I am impressed.

15fps at high settings albeit minus AI traffic, since I am yet to install that on my new install. That could take a while.

8l4zVWt.jpg

b5WYeE1.jpg

OMG OMG OMG!!!

ZORAN

It looks amazing!

So far no "show-stopping" reports to be found or reported in regrds to performance or OOM's, or, in other words:

This great looking Sydney scenery by FT wil be next on my "to buy list"!

Its a bit hard to comment about his FPS without knowing any of his settings. Im keenly waiting for some feedback as that is my new policy, no more impulse buying=less tears

Its very odd but there doesn't seem to be a lot of discussion on this release

ZORAN

With my system, 2600k@4.6, GTX770 4GB,8GB ram, I get about 18-20fps on 34L with the PMDG NGX. 28% AI with My Traffic X. As I near the terminals on takeoff, the frames drop to about 14-15. My settings in P3D are just to the right of midway, so it's not over the top.

NAX669.png

15fps with NO Ai? I'd get a refund. Disgraceful.

Yeah, I'm not so sure I am ready to jump on this one with performance claims like that. That's one of the issues with some developers that are still using the older, traditional style of scenery design when they try to build huge hubs like YSSY. Had FSDT or Flightbeam taken this one on, using their design techniques, the performance reports would probably be more encouraging.

In this case I am glad I wasn't one of the hundreds or thousands of people who was waiting on this airport. I rarely fly to Australia so it won't really pain me to not purchase this one.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I do have a fairly modest system, 2.7gHz i5, 2GB 820M, 8GB RAM, Windows 8.1

I do have a fairly modest system, 2.7gHz i5, 2GB 820M, 8GB RAM, Windows 8.1

Well that explains your FPS a little bit then. Didn't now your system was that "modest". Would be interested to hear how it runs at 4ghz with a better GPU.

Well that explains your FPS a little bit then. Didn't now your system was that "modest". Would be interested to hear how it runs at 4ghz with a better GPU.

An easy 30fps (locked) on a 4+ghz system, plus minimal VAS effect.. (and I run ASN, and very high FSX settings)

2015-5-24_9-44-34-285_zpsubiyl2mv.jpg

The scenery is amazing!!

Some  users don't bother looking  at the fps  counter, so unless your a fp watcher,  and  since the op  hasn't  complained  about it  suggest he is happy  only  seems  that your not happy with his  fps

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

An easy 30fps (locked) on a 4+ghz system, plus minimal VAS effect.. (and I run ASN, and very high FSX settings)

2015-5-24_9-44-34-285_zpsubiyl2mv.jpg

The scenery is amazing!!

Thanks Flukey, that sounds a little more encouraging.

Some users don't bother looking at the fps counter, so unless your a fp watcher, and since the op hasn't complained about it suggest he is happy only seems that your not happy with his fps

True, which is why I said I'd get a refund and not the op. Add in Ai and a complex add on and things look shaky. I notice - conviently - Flukey hasn't added ai either to his screens.

I dont use Ai as I only fly online these days that's why I didn't have any....

Plus I was just showing cmpbellsjc that Sydney the scenery from Flytampa was not an issue when it comes to FPS....

Yeah, I'm not so sure I am ready to jump on this one with performance claims like that. That's one of the issues with some developers that are still using the older, traditional style of scenery design when they try to build huge hubs like YSSY. Had FSDT or Flightbeam taken this one on, using their design techniques, the performance reports would probably be more encouraging.

In this case I am glad I wasn't one of the hundreds or thousands of people who was waiting on this airport. I rarely fly to Australia so it won't really pain me to not purchase this one.

[...] That's one of the issues with some developers that are still using the older, traditional style of scenery design [...]

Depending on each individual system there certainly are differences in regards to performance, but it is certainly wrong stating that FlyTampa uses an "older ... style of scenery design" - Fly Tampa certainly does not do this and without a doubt definitely belong to some of the best scenery designers out there.

It is just a simply fact however that FSX/P3D, both have their limits in regards to settings, hence performance on each simmer's PC.

I - and i am sure all of us - wished that was different, but i the end that's the limits of our virtual flightsimming environment which we have to live with.

And when keeping that in mind i am very much impressed by this latest offering from FlyTampa as it it offers a good compromise between indivdual settings and performance.

Certainly going to be heading to Sydney now as son as possible!