Sign in to follow this  
CFIJose

The Straw That Broke The Camel's Back

I recently posted the release of YSSY in the FTX compatibility forum, only to watch it disappear.

I also received a PM from one of the developers reminding me that they do not allow a "free marketing ride" off the backs of their hard work.

That incident combined with JV labeling me as a troll when I complained that I could not download my purchased scenery is enough for me to conclude that I'm a nonentity as a customer.

So bye, bye miss American pie.

Jose

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

I could understand their displeasure if Fly Tampa's YSSY was competing directly with their scenery. It compliments it instead. Sometimes stupid never sleeps.

NAX669.png

Precisely why such forums as this are needed.

Just like several other developers who think they are too good for the likes of us, here we can agree they probably are.  :(

LOL my Fly Tampa Sydney thread was also blocked. I made it intentionally vague..just FT Sydney released...no links or anything

Normally I wouldn't bother but its such an important airport for ORBX Australia region .  IMO FT Sydney would only enhance ORBX Australia and create more sales

ZORAN

As soon as FTX decided to create a Global FSX addon (FTXG & Vectors) the game changed. Every add-on airport anyone buys will have to be tested with FTXG & Vectors.

Shouldn't it be possible to resolve cases likes this one by a FRIENDLY PM via the ORBX forum mail system to the onles like Ed Correia, Tim Harries or Holger Sandmann? While JV may act a bit harsh sometimes indeed, these are people you can talk to. This is clearly a case of non-competition as ORBX explicitly stated they are not into big airports like this one and, as several stated above, it complements their AUS region in the same was as KSEA complements their PNW, which was allowed to discuss.

I usually try to resolve cases like this one in a friendly way. Doesn't work always, but often.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

The older I get the less my patience seems to be with challenges.

I have adopted an approach that is to never react in the same day I have some sort of issue, I sleep on it at least a day.  I find that I can rationalize better and often remind myself there are much more important things in life that this or that issue. I just had a totally unrelated issue yesterday and this morning have just chosen to ignore it, the person involved is not worth me wasting my time nor emotion worrying about it.

I personally would let it go, really who cares...Jose, while I appreciate receiving your heads up on items, most of us are aware of the releases because we care to check regularly anyway.

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

strange  that  since  there are still post being  made   on the ftx  forum  about  tampa  Sydney  issues  on if  it  works  with orbx  au :Thinking:  suppose its abit like  posting  in the pmdg forum  saying  that  a new ifly  product  has been released

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

I don't really see the point of a "heads up" post anyway - as previously posted, most simmers will be well aware within 24 hrs. Is it an attention seeking thing or something?

David Porrett

I don't really see the point of a "heads up" post anyway - as previously posted, most simmers will be well aware within 24 hrs. Is it an attention seeking thing or something?

Dont be lazy and take the time time to think before making a Dumb post. How would everyone know within 24 hours without some "attention seeker' taking the the time to share with the community? What is the downside of discussing a new release?

Bizarre

ZORAN

Dont be lazy and take the time time to think before making a Dumb post. How would everyone know within 24 hours without some "attention seeker' taking the the time to share with the community? What is the downside of discussing a new release?

Bizarre

So you being  a Dev  be happy  that a competing addons  is being  discussed on your forum,  it might be  a different  story if  you got some issues  and wanting  some  help

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

You need to read my original post again. This has nothing to do with promoting YSSY. It has to do with compatibility in a "compatibility forum" for an addon that many simmers have been waiting for years to be released.

So you being  a Dev  be happy  that a competing addons  is being  discussed on your forum,  it might be  a different  story if  you got some issues  and wanting  some  help

Pete,

Most developers don't have a global product or a "Compatibility Forum." FTXG + Vectors & they even have a dedicated "AU Region." I have all those addons and the purpose of the thread was to let everyone know that YSSY was finally here. Now let's make sure that it is compatible with FTX global addon or AU Region.

I created the KSEA thread. That thread lead the way to making KSEA compatible with FTX PNW. If that thread would have been deleted, who knows if T2G would have ever received the files that they needed.

This is a very small community and devs need to work together. Especially FTX, IMO, who wants their base global scenery in as many simmers hands as possible.

I still think that ORBX is a great addon developer for FSX, but I also must conclude they are "arrogant." and.......

That will not work long term!

Professionally, if I gave a 'heads up' on something coming into/onto the market, it would be deemed as solicitation and would be illegal. There are avenues for such notifications, including the press and it is not as if a multi billion dollar crime would be committed by having to wait 24 hours or so! However, the OP has provided a service, but the response he received was a bit OTT.

Martin Parr

Retired professional yacht skipper for vessels up to 46m

System: Omen 30L GT13-0054na Gaming PC; Windows 10 Home  64-bit OS; Intel Core i9-10900K CPU @ 3.7GHz; RAM 32GB; Samsung S34J55x Monitor 3440x1440 @75 Hz Resolution; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti. MSFS P/D; TM Pendular Rudder Pedals, TM Warthog Hortas Throttle/Joystick Combo.

You need to read my original post again. This has nothing to do with promoting YSSY. It has to do with compatibility in a "compatibility forum" for an addon that many simmers have been waiting for years to be released.

Pete,

Most developers don't have a global product or a "Compatibility Forum." FTXG + Vectors & they even have a dedicated "AU Region." I have all those addons and the purpose of the thread was to let everyone know that YSSY was finally here. Now let's make sure that it is compatible with FTX global addon or AU Region.

I created the KSEA thread. That thread lead the way to making KSEA compatible with FTX PNW. If that thread would have been deleted, who knows if T2G would have ever received the files that they needed.

This is a very small community and devs need to work together. Especially FTX, IMO, who wants their base global scenery in as many simmers hands as possible.

I still think that ORBX is a great addon developer for FSX, but I also must conclude they are "arrogant." and.......

That will not work long term!

I can see your point,   but  if  you post  with issues  than it  shouldn't  be   a  issue in posting  for  support in the orbx  as long it  done  in a civil manner of  course.  I never had any issues  about  posting  in the orbx   forums

Peter kelberg

I suspect the Orbx sensibility re FT's YSSY (as a opposed to T2G's KSEA) is that in the early days it was on their to do list after YMML and YBBN but in the end decided it was too hard.  Now low and behold FT comes along and produces an excellent YSSY with minimal framerate hit that does indeed complement Orbx very well.

Bruceb

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."