Sign in to follow this  
mtaxp

10.40 (Beta 1) is out!

Indeed is out, perhaps I'll wait one beta cycle to beta 2, many graphics problems may appear as the blog said.

Alexander Colka

So far so good here. The extended DSFs work and it seems less stuttery when loading scenery. 

I have a 2014 Macbook Pro 15" (2,5 GHz Intel Core i7, 16GB of RAM, and 2GB NVidia) card. This build also works better on Yosemite for any Mac users. I've been running the alpha of 10.40 for some time, but this build includes the extended visibility we've all been waiting for :-)

Man...it's downloading like a dog.....the world must be in the fray....

Looking at the release notes, there are a bunch of new airports and lots of updates to those previously downloaded.  Lots of stuff here!

1735 total

576 with new 3D scenery

John

John Wingold

Looking at the release notes, there are a bunch of new airports and lots of updates to those previously downloaded.  Lots of stuff here!

1735 total

576 with new 3D scenery

John

I have it up and running...very nice...but with NO changes whatsoever to my XP setup...on my system, I have dropped roughly 8 FPS from XP30.35 as a base line. I have been running around...taxi...rotate...cruise...different airports...and no CTD's at this time.  I guess, having greater horizon, and the fact that I am running all HD mesh...might be playing its part.

Post Edit:  It must be so very different, that SkyMax Pro from X-Aviation, requested reactivation...so get your credentials ready, lol!

All in all, it looks great...

Post Edit 2:  Well...right off...if going from XP.35 (on my system) to XP.40b1...and with having touched no settings between the download/update, I have lost 50 percent FPS performance. At my FBO at KFNT, Where I would have at rotation, 28-30 FPS...I am now only maintaining 13-15 FPS!   XP.40 requires a buff system, if you want to run it pretty much full out. I might have to scale back my performance slides slowly, to see at what measure, I can get back to around thd 28-30 FPS I consistently had before.  So, in recap...I'm only getting mostly 15 FPS at 1,800 feet, heading west out of KFNT.  

I hope it improves with playing around...but so far...a drop in FPS performance for myself.  It looks great, though! :)

OK , some notes after a short check (basicly wanted to check the new visibility).

- Performance even with new visibility is the same to me , not worse nor better.

- I checked with *HD MESH V3* , I gotta say I was kinda worried about RAM usage.

Im actaully surprised! 

I have 6GB RAM , my total usage was ~5.7GB with extended DSFs..

So I can imagine people with 8GB will be just OK even with WORLD2XP and detailed airplanes.

- I have an edited scattering effects , and LR fixed the white artifact in the horizon , all I can say , WOW WOW WOW!

18709035732_80370a4b5b_o.png

18716246331_03300be938_o.png

18526050578_0fc920d268_o.png

OK , some notes after a short check (basicly wanted to check the new visibility).

- Performance even with new visibility is the same to me , not worse nor better.

- I checked with *HD MESH V3* , I gotta say I was kinda worried about RAM usage.

Im actaully surprised! 

I have 6GB RAM , my total usage was ~5.7GB with extended DSFs..

So I can imagine people with 8GB will be just OK even with WORLD2XP and detailed airplanes.

- I have an edited scattering effects , and LR fixed the white artifact in the horizon , all I can say , WOW WOW WOW!

You say that your FPS is the same?  Wow...mine was cut in half...but then do you have the sim fully tapped out for all the sliders, as I like to run it. In that mode, with .35..I could maintain 28-30...but now...with the same start at the same FBO...that's now cut in half with .40b1.  Interesting....

Edited by firehawk44
Removed excessive quote.

Wish they could do something to make the water reflections more correct (looking at those altitude shots above)

The water sticks out like a sore thumb and in the one with the orange sky, I'm not sure where the coloration of the water is coming from.

Just looks off to me and sticks out way too much (relative to what I see when up flying anyways)

You say that your FPS is the same?  Wow...mine was cut in half...but then do you have the sim fully tapped out for all the sliders, as I like to run it. In that mode, with .35..I could maintain 28-30...but now...with the same start at the same FBO...that's now cut in half with .40b1.  Interesting....

Please report that to the developers... (They said that differnet hardware might get different results in this beta , some might not run at all)

I didn't really notice any change , I got about 13* in the 2 situations.

* 13 sucks but it is OK as Im using only GTX 460 1GB , and HDR on with 2XSSAA , Maximum shadows , and max objects , trees and roads.

So I have some very high settings here comparing to my old and weak GPU.

Anyone noticing decreased loading times? Detailed scenery in Germany (W2XP and Photo) seems to load faster for me