Sign in to follow this  
Flying Penguin

X-Plane 10 - 50% off for 48 hours only

Not only X-Plane, but all of the Aerosoft releases on Steam as well.

I may have to give in and pick it up.

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

Not only X-Plane, but all of the Aerosoft releases on Steam as well.

Not all - only airports and one plane - CRJ 200. Rest of planes cost as usually.

Is this version of XPlane installable and playable on a PC without being connected to steam?

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

Is this version of XPlane installable and playable on a PC without being connected to steam?

You can't install it without being connected... It's digital, you need to download it....

Play you can play offline as Steam has an offline mode.

Also, while it's true that it's 48 hours, this is just the first day of the sale, and they do repeat sometimes, but if you want to be sure it, I'd grab it now. To me it has two BIG advantages:

1) HALF price. You won't get it cheaper than this

2) No need to have a DVD in the drive...

Been thinking of giving Xplane a try and for this price I think I will. Ill also pick up the Aerosoft CRJ.

Just bought XP-10 and the CRJ combined they cost $5 less than X-plane usually does.

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

You don't need to connect to Steam to play (e.g. if your internet down), but you need Steam account and Steam installed.  Unless you choose to open the client, it's hardly noticeable, though I do appreciate some people have a complete aversion to the world of Gabe.....  If you've got Steam already, it works like anything else there.

No don't have Steam, not interested in that.  But sounds like a good deal then can run off my HD without running steam.

Thanks guys.

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

No don't have Steam, not interested in that.  But sounds like a good deal then can run off my HD without running steam.

Thanks guys.

Been a Steam user since the start honestly its not a bad thing. It keeps all your games updated and allows easy access to any DLC I use it for Skyrim,GTA ect and the best part is I can use my games on all my PC's and install from anywhere, on vacation ect.

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

Thanks guys.

Still don't get what people have against steam.., but no you can't run it without running steam. Steam will launch in the background.

I don't see an Aerosoft CRJ in the list of DLC ? Where do I find it ?

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Is there a tutorial how to use X-Plane 10? Just bought it but none of the normal keyboard shortcuts such a A to cycle through the views work. Neither does my joystick throttle, brake, etc.

What is the nonsense with Steam that each and every time it keeps stating that I'm logging-in from a new computer or new browser and then asks for some kind of code which I have to access my email for just to get into my account? You pay for a product and then get nonsense like this. How many computers or browsers does Steam suppose customers use to login? In the space of 10 minutes it has sent me 5 security codes just to login, and that's before I can even get to what I purchased today.

Anyone else having to do the same? This is now beginning to make me regret buying X-Plane.

What is the nonsense with Steam that each and every time it keeps stating that I'm logging-in from a new computer or new browser and then asks for some kind of code which I have to access my email for just to get into my account? You pay for a product and then get nonsense like this. How many computers or browsers does Steam suppose customers use to login? In the space of 10 minutes it has sent me 5 security codes just to login, and that's before I can even get to what I purchased today.

Anyone else having to do the same? This is now beginning to make me regret buying X-Plane.

There was a bit of a glitch around the time of the start of the sale, I had similar, but it seems to have calmed down now and I've never had that problem on any other device whilst I've had Steam.  Most likely a load issue as the world rushes to fill their boots with cheap games they will never play