Sign in to follow this  
Flying Penguin

X-Plane 10 - 50% off for 48 hours only

There was a bit of a glitch around the time of the start of the sale, I had similar, but it seems to have calmed down now and I've never had that problem on any other device whilst I've had Steam.  Most likely a load issue as the world rushes to fill their boots with cheap games they will never play 

Much as you may seem to defend them, their Customer Support is trite. Their website forum unlike here, puts so many obstacles in the way just to join----never mind make a post-----their forum, Nowhere on their site is there an option to make a direct complaint. It is all pre-tailored answers which in fact provide no answer or solution at all, like the issue about being repeatedly being asked every step of the way for some stupid security code. Personally, I would not recommend anyone obtaining the X-Plane 10 via Steam

Defend them? Nah, I just never had anything more than the most minor glitch, and I've never really found their support that difficult to access? Perhaps I'm just lucky....

Appears it is still on sale but with 30% off.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Much as you may seem to defend them, their Customer Support is trite. Their website forum unlike here, puts so many obstacles in the way just to join----never mind make a post-----their forum, Nowhere on their site is there an option to make a direct complaint. It is all pre-tailored answers which in fact provide no answer or solution at all, like the issue about being repeatedly being asked every step of the way for some stupid security code. Personally, I would not recommend anyone obtaining the X-Plane 10 via Steam

While I think they'll do alright without anyone defending them, I'd just toss in that when you're dealing with the sheer volume of customers (millions) that Steam does, customer support of any sort becomes an issue.  They are, after all, the primary source for purchasing computer games these days, and have been for some years.

I've never, ever had an issue with them, and I've shopped there since they first opened up. It seems so normal now, but back then the idea of not having to go and put up with the crappy, over-priced selection of games at retail stores, many of which you'd have to find and download extensive updates on your own for, was very refreshing.

Apart from FSX (although I picked a copy of that up on Steam when it was cheap just for backup), nearly every game I own (158 and counting) is through Steam.  I let most games on my PC auto-update.  Since Steam runs in the background and my pc is on 24/7, it means that every update is pushed on release, and whenever I want to play a game it's sitting there ready.  Very handy.

And yes, now I have X-Plane on there as well.  Works like a charm.

I'm sorry you've had a bad taste regarding the platform, but my experience has been entirely the opposite.

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

I'm sorry you've had a bad taste regarding the platform

Did not have a bad taste of the X-Plane 10 platform. More a bad taste of a website that just to access each and every step kept asking me to input a Security Code with a message that I must be logging-in from a different browser or computer, which seemed completely idiotic seeing that they could log my IP address. So, if that was not changing, it was not as if I had a 100 computers all trying to login, yet repeatedly, just  to login to Steam, just to download the platform, or just o even ask a Support question, all within the space of 5-10 minutes kept getting asked to input a Security Code, which meant closing a browser page and then accessing my email to get that Code.

As for the volume of customers, other developers who have released items on sale or full price never seem to have these issues, when we as customers raring to bolt the door rush for such sales.

Rather than going through Steam, whom I would not now touch with a barge pole again, I will purchase the XPX in disk format. I do not need this login every 5 secs with a Security Code nonsense.

Did not have a bad taste of the X-Plane 10 platform. More a bad taste of a website that just to access each and every step kept asking me to input a Security Code with a message that I must be logging-in from a different browser or computer, which seemed completely idiotic seeing that they could log my IP address. So, if that was not changing, it was not as if I had a 100 computers all trying to login, yet repeatedly, just  to login to Steam, just to download the platform, or just o even ask a Support question, all within the space of 5-10 minutes kept getting asked to input a Security Code, which meant closing a browser page and then accessing my email to get that Code.

As for the volume of customers, other developers who have released items on sale or full price never seem to have these issues, when we as customers raring to bolt the door rush for such sales.

Rather than going through Steam, whom I would not now touch with a barge pole again, I will purchase the XPX in disk format. I do not need this login every 5 secs with a Security Code nonsense.

This was either a glitch or something wrong in YOUR computer not processing cookies etc correctly...

What you see is called "Steam Guard" and is a security feature that you can turn off. Of course for that you'd have to actually read instead of wasting time writing rants that do not benefit anyone, yourself included.

But I guess reading is overrated these days...

Carlos, you are entitled to your two-penny's worth of opinion, I am entitled to mine. Leave it at that!!