Sign in to follow this  
Jaklar

Slideshow City

I've had the 850 XP installed for P3D 2,5 for a few weeks now and have yet to get this thing off the ground because of a brutal FPS issue.

This isn't your run-of-the-mill "I've lost two frames per second" deal. More like, "I've lost 40 FPS and am running at .3 - 2 FPS."

Plane brings the entire program to a screaching halt.

I've tried the security fix with the Navigraph folder but that didn't solve anything.

I've tried running it with a clean install of P3D with default CFG's and no Nvidia tuning....no help.

I've tried a different hard drive...no help.

I've tried a Solid State hard drive....no help.

I've tried running it with all settings at minimum...no help.

I have a decent system: Nvidia 780 GTX, 16 GB RAM, fast drives, i7 chip running Windows 8.1, no funky virus protectors or whatnot.

If anyone knows of any more voodoo I can try, please inform.

I've been in contact with Carenado but they're still in the "Let us know your system specs" phase.

Final note: this plane HAS worked. Maybe 1 out of 30 tries or so, it will load up...the Navigraph updates in a minute or so, and the frame rate is solid at about 35'ish.

Final, Final Note: Someone had mentioned removing two gauge files to see what happens. The plane loads fine, good FPS...but that only lasts a minute or so before the FPS drops back to .3.

Let me know if you need to know any more factoids...I've pretty much run out of spells to cast.

How does the LITE version compare with the standard version? I can't suggest any remedy because the Hawker runs great on my system with no FPS problems. What happens to the FPS if you simply turn off the FMS.

I do hope you solve the issue because the Hawker is a nice addition to P3Dv2.5.

Regards,

Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

Both versions run exactly the same, i.e 1-2 FPS. Disabling FMS has no effect.

Last night I checked the CPU usage when the Hawker is loaded and freaking out, but there's no overload, a nice 14%, low numbers across the board.

Real head-scratcher, especially considering the plane will work just fine 1 out of 30 load-ups.

Both versions run exactly the same, i.e 1-2 FPS. Disabling FMS has no effect.

Last night I checked the CPU usage when the Hawker is loaded and freaking out, but there's no overload, a nice 14%, low numbers across the board.

Real head-scratcher, especially considering the plane will work just fine 1 out of 30 load-ups.

Not sure why this is happening but this is my best performing bird - does not make sense may have to look elsewhere as its not the hawker

Rich Sennett

@Jaklar, As stupid as this might seem i did have heaps of trouble getting good FPS, Pulled my hair out for days on end, then i found this thread...http://www.simforums.com/forums/a-warning-about-ms-updates-for-windows-10_topic52577.html but i only completed steps 1-3, it worked for me, have a look at your KB files and have a try, steps 1-3 can not harm your system.

Rick

tpewpb-6.png

Thanks for the suggestion, Rick.

Unfortunately, it had zero impact on the FPS of the Hawker.

More often than not, the Hawker loads up and the FPS immediately crashes to .4 - 1 FPS.  Sometimes I can get a little lucky and the FPS will start at about 35-40 and be okay for approximately 30 seconds before once again settling at 1 FPS.

Just to be clear, this is a Hawker being loaded at an empty airport, on the runway, from a cold start; so nothing is running. Plane is just sitting there with no avionics activated. 

The quest for the Holy Grail continues.

@Jaklar, As stupid as this might seem i did have heaps of trouble getting good FPS, Pulled my hair out for days on end, then i found this thread...http://www.simforums.com/forums/a-warning-about-ms-updates-for-windows-10_topic52577.html but i only completed steps 1-3, it worked for me, have a look at your KB files and have a try, steps 1-3 can not harm your system.

Rick

I will have to look into this as I am getting some spot stutters I never had before and loaded some updates - those #$%&$&& 

Thanks for the suggestion, Rick.

I will have to give this some thought as this is not normal

Rich Sennett

I don't think I've mentioned that this behavior also manifests in Prepar3D, exact same issue as FSX. Not that that should be surprising, given P3D's pedigree, but making sure all the data is out there.

I don't think I've mentioned that this behavior also manifests in Prepar3D, exact same issue as FSX. Not that that should be surprising, given P3D's pedigree, but making sure all the data is out there.

Interesting - thanks all info helps and this info tells me its not your sims it something else as it would not be in both

Rich Sennett

Hi to all who are experiencing this same fault, I too am getting  it and its very disappointing especially when you can see Youtube video's showing this aircraft running as it should. I am sure my PC is not the root cause as its an i7 ,12GB RAM and an Nvidia 970, RUNNING p3d v2.5. In addition my system runs Majestic's Q400 without any problems (surely a comparable complexity aircraft) I really  hope Carenado can get to the bottom of this problem a release something very soon.

Sorry to hear you're having the same problem, Dave. Least I am not alone with this baffling bug.  I have similar PC specs as you, plenty of horsepower to spare.

This is the latest I have heard from Carenado:

"The main issue is not on the gauges and not in the aircraft, it is with the Navigraph reading data, we are working on solve this because it´s been solved in most of the cases with the procedures described on our knowledge base. Of course we want to solve every case, that´s why we are still working on it."

So the cause is Navigraph reading data, though what it is about my (or your) specific PC that is causing this issue is beyond me. My PC setup is as standard as you can get.